Request for Process Editor 4.0 clear state/process

Things to come.
ddorsett
Bot?: No

Request for Process Editor 4.0 clear state/process

Post by ddorsett »

Updated to 4.0 last weekend, ran my first batch with it and it's a very nice improvement. Got lost a couple times, but I'll get used to it :)
A request for the process editor (taking this opportunity to revisit my programming of a couple of years ago): it would be nic to have a "Clear State" button to reset the state back to defaults, and a corresponding Clear Process button that would do it for all the process settings and states-

Dave
brahn

Re: Request for Process Editor 4.0 clear state/process

Post by brahn »

Good suggestion.

For processes you could achieve this with a few extra steps. Do a backup, but don't select the process you want to reset. Then do a Reset to Defaults, and restore your backup. Or back everything up and just deselect the process you want to reset when you do the restore.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Another way to do a Reset process involves pre planning. After you do the firmware update, simply do a backup of the BCS in the Default. rename all the backup files and keep them in a safe place. If you wanted to reset a Process to Defaults, simply restore your saved back up for that one process. I did this and it makes it easy. Perhaps we could have something in the utilities to have a Default JSON File for users to restore from.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

This will allow the clearing of states and processes:

http://manipulator.from-ca.com/