easier way to view exit conditions on main page?

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

easier way to view exit conditions on main page?

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

Is there a way to display what the exit conditions are for a state to transition to the next state?

I was thinking of an outside arrow pointing in on the dials, the digital display may require a completely separate display, or you could alternate colors/values on the setpoint...
Untitled4.png
Untitled4.png (64.62 KiB) Viewed 10728 times
JonW
Site Admin

Re: easier way to view exit conditions on main page?

Post by JonW »

That only works for temperature exit conditions. What about timer and DIN exit conditions?

I'm thinking maybe a box/list under the timers in the process controller box that lists all exit conditions.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Here's a quick and dirty mock up of what I was thinking.
Exit_Conditions.png
Exit_Conditions.png (264.16 KiB) Viewed 10724 times
BrunDog

Post by BrunDog »

Me likey. When can we have it?!?

Oh, and don't forget duty cycle edits on the main control page!!

-BD
brahn

Post by brahn »

I'm thinking of something along the same lines as Jon's mock-up.

Still working out how to allow duty cycle edits from the main page. It will be in the next release, just trying to figure out where to put it in the display.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

JonW wrote:That only works for temperature exit conditions. What about timer and DIN exit conditions?

I'm thinking maybe a box/list under the timers in the process controller box that lists all exit conditions.
count down timers not needed, and Din can have a label on the switch if it is human operated, but I get what you are saying... I have this on an iPad, I will not be able to see the exit conditions without scrolling down..
Baron Ken

Post by Baron Ken »

Just saw this thread. I've been trying to learn about HTML elements. I came up with this so far. Note that it is only displayed, the buttons don't actually change the setpoint/duty cycle at this point.
Since there is only one active state for a process, in the bottom box it could show outputs that might actually require a change while running, such as PID or Duty Cycle. Or even show all modes of outputs for that state, though that might become a cumbersome box with up to 6 outputs (18 for the 462!), but most likely, there wouldn't be that many outputs associated with the current state.
Again, as there is only one active state for the process, this seems like the logical place to put state-specific change buttons.

Edit: I posted this here because what I came up with was similar to the mockup Jon made for exit conditions.
Last edited by Baron Ken on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
brahn

Post by brahn »

This is an interesting option for the duty cycle adjustments. My current plan has been to add the adjustment option to the output indicators at the bottom of the page.
Baron Ken

Post by Baron Ken »

brahn wrote:This is an interesting option for the duty cycle adjustments. My current plan has been to add the adjustment option to the output indicators at the bottom of the page.
But as stated before, outputs could be controlled by more than 1 process/state (not so in most cases, but possible) so those indicators don't (shouldn't) control any specific process/state. Which is why I thought putting the info/adjustments in the process area.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

The reality though is that those adjustment MUST modify a specific process/state. Adjusting the duty cycle will change the value within the process/state programming. Visually, it would work either way, but by doing it at the output UI element, you would be adjusting whichever process/state was in control.