set date and time in BCS-460?

Things to come.
rcrabb22
Bot?: No

set date and time in BCS-460?

Post by rcrabb22 »

Is there a way to set the date and time? It would help to coordinate logged events to time of day
rcrabb22

Re: set date and time in BCS-460?

Post by rcrabb22 »

I can't find anywhere to set date and time so I conclude the BCS-460 does not support it. I would suggest ECC adds a clock chip as a future enhancement.
ECC

Post by ECC »

You are correct, the BCS doesn't support time/date. We'll put this on the list. I believe that there is a standard to pull the time/date right off the network, so it is a very realistic enhancement.
rcrabb22

Post by rcrabb22 »

Thanks !!
mrlisk

Post by mrlisk »

I'd like to second this request. I just purchased a plug-in heater for my diesel Jetta, and the first thing I thought of was using the BCS as my 24 hour timer. I know there's probably a workaround using one of the built in timers, but being able to say "Turn on heater at 4 AM on M-F and run for 2 hours" would be nice. :geek:
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

What a great option to power my christmas lights over the holidays!
mrlisk

Post by mrlisk »

Do you know how accurate the timers are over the long term (+/- seconds over 24hrs)?

I was thinking I could program the BCS to countdown 21 hours then switch to the next state with a countdown of 3 hours then back to the first state. This way I can still flip on a switch at a certain time of day and then shut it off 3 hours later, given i kick off the process at the appropriate time.
Brewfisher

Post by Brewfisher »

Has there been any further thoughts or progress on adding the clock feature. This could probably be a post in the commercial brewing segment on the forum, but I am planning on using a BCS460 in my lighting control panel at my brewery. In constructing the brewery, we found that we must comply with the Title 24 Energy regulations which dictate that we have a lighting control panel that controls all the lights. The problem I am encountering is a power failure resets the controller with no regard to what time it is. So much for the days of just using a finger to turn off the lights :( Also, I can purchase a commercial control panel for around $600 but they have to program it and initial programming is outrageous...$1,500 to 2,500...just plain silly.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Yes, further thought has been put into this. However no further progress has been made. We added real time into the datalogs, which is what most people were after. But the BCS pulls that from the client computer, it doesn't keep track internally.

This feature is still on the list to be implemented.
Brewfisher

Post by Brewfisher »

Thank you for the response and possible future addition. I was able to complete the build on the Light Control panel and it appears the building inspector was okay with it. I added a battery backup in my panel to try to circumvent any potential power outages and keep the BCS on a 24hr clock. So far...so good.