BCS Recipe Utility Not Working

Things to come.
Cardog
Bot?: No

BCS Recipe Utility Not Working

Post by Cardog »

I upgraded the firmware and absolutely love the recipe feature. Got the recipe all programmed and works great. But when my IP address changed it blew out the programming in the variable setup page and now I would have to reprogram the utility all over again. Well that now becomes useless if I have to do that every time my IP address changes. Any thoughts without changing to a static IP address?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS Recipe Utility Not Working

Post by JonW »

The data is stored as "local storage" within the browser and is only valid for a specific site. If you're using Chrome, you can save the data out by going to the developer tools in the menu and copying the data from the storage item.

Instead of having your IP changing, set a reservation in your router so that the BCS always gets the same IP address handed out to it each time it requests a DHCP lease. If you set the reservation, you could use the old IP address from when you setup the recipe utility and that data would work again.
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

I've been able to recover my settings by adjusting the url in the local storage bin in your browser.
In chrome at least, hit Ctrl + Shift + I--> developer window opens---> go to Resources (top tab) ---> Local Storage (left side menu) ---> then in the bcs-backup.url and bcs.recipe.fields edit the url that is listed to your new url---> hit refresh and see cross your fingers...

I imagine it's very similar in other browsers but can't say for sure.
Cardog

Post by Cardog »

Ok, so I figured out how to copy from the local storage. I did test it and it works. That's the direction I will probably go. It only takes 20 sec.

So now why can't I save the recipe variables by exporting the file in the export settings menu. I tried this but it only works with the current IP address. I tried unselecting the the IP address box but it won't import back which means it won't work when the IP address changes.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Like JonW, I would suggest setting a reservation in your router so the BCS always gets the same address via DHCP. It's generally very simple to do and would prevent this from being an issue.

The saving/restoring in the recipe utility is currently very bare bones, and hand editing either in the backup file or local storage would be required for changing the IP address.
Cardog

Post by Cardog »

Thank you for the replies. I was able to set a IP registration and I am be a happy camper now. I just had no clue how to do initially but once you figure it out , it's stupid simple.

Can't wait for new things to come. Would be nice to be able to adjust the size of the temps, processes, outputs and more importantly the timers... they are pretty small