BCS 4.1.0 firmware released

Things to come.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

BCS 4.1.0 firmware released

Post by JonW »

The BCS firmware has been updated to 4.1.0 (build e494fb4c).

There are not only several bug fixes in this version, but there are also many new features and enhancements.

[*] Change mailhost to mailjet (API based e-mail provider to increase e-mail notification reliability).
[*] Mail fix 2 issues: off-by-one in process/state number and in extract_string Reduce memory usage
[*] Make decimal digit display at 75% of a normal digit
[*] Big Timers!
[*] Add notification when connection to BCS is lost
[*] Add exit condition indicators to process box on main screen
[*] Shrink disconnected notification so it will display on mobile device screens
[*] Use the same colors for temp/setpoint across all temperature display styles. **BREAKS IE < 11**
[*] Add temp adjustment buttons to LED and Dial temperature displays
[*] Add output control information and adjustments to main page
[*] Make outputs not clickable if being actively controlled by a process since process will override changes immediately anyway
[*] Add ability to get audio alarms on android/ios
[*] Add process name to timers section

We have dropped support for browsers no longer supported by the developer. Primarily this means no more IE10 support. It also means old versions of FireFox, Chrome, Android Browser, Safari, etc may not work but those are probably less common. Note that IE 10 is no longer supported on sites provided by Microsoft, Google, etc.

Complete changelog:
ChangeLog-4.1.0.txt
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
BCS-4.1.0-Sample.PNG
BCS-4.1.0-Sample.PNG (168.7 KiB) Viewed 36119 times
JImram

Re: BCS 4.1.0 firmware released

Post by JImram »

Vary bad news. BCS is still not able to measure temperature below zero in Celsius mode. Everething below zero is 0.0 and disconnected sensor is 0.0 too. I lager my beer at zero Celsius, it is big problem for me :-(
Two years ago : https://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2807
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

JImram wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 pm
BCS is still not able to measure temperature below zero in Celsius mode. Everething below zero is 0.0 and disconnected sensor is 0.0 too.
Seems this got missed in the update. Brent is going to do some checking on this and send me a build to test.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Lots of my Dream UI is here. :D :D :D :D Generally now you can control Temps and Duty Cycle in 1 degree increments (need to set in Settings to 1 from the default 5). Nice Large Timers! All on the Main Control Panel. I too would like the Temps below 0.
losco70

Post by losco70 »

After updating can I restore my 4.0.1 backup config files without any migration?
Thanks
Luca
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

losco70 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:54 am
After updating can I restore my 4.0.1 backup config files without any migration?
Thanks
Luca
Yes. There's no "migration" for any 4.x backups.
losco70

Post by losco70 »

Ok... I will install the new firmware in the next few days
Thank you
Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

So I installed 4.1.0 last night and unfortunately encountered functionality problems. I'm using Macbook (OS High Sierra) and Chrome.

The first thing as an FYI and probably unrelated to the new firmware, is that the nice routine for Mac upgrade described in detailed "Re: 4.0 upgrade problem/Mac" by Jcc4507fly (Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:14 pm) didn't work for me despite trying/checking it three times, so I reverted to my steam powered PC notebook TFTP and this worked fine. Are there any updates on this routine available??

Second, the look and feel of the Main Control page stayed pretty much the same as 4.0.1. In fact I can't see any of the new functionalities described in the features and enhancements list... This is despite the Settings > Firmware Version confirming that the new version and build numbers were correct (build e494fb4c).

Aside from the above and in case I was missing something, I started a brew this morning and quickly noticed that the PID on my HLT was not working - just short flashes and no heating. I couldn't correct this in Process Editor, nor did playing around with temp setpoint adjust on the fly make any difference. Manual heating worked fine, so not a electrical hardware / SSR problem.

To try and overcome these issues mid-brew and reassure myself the cause was most likely something to do with the new firmware, I reinstalled 4.0.1 build 84a28e from my archives. This corrected everything and I'm now able to continue.

I retried with hard and soft resets under Settings before reloading 4.1.0 to no avail.

Have there been other reports of issues with this build? Any suggestions?
brahn

Post by brahn »

There is an issue with PID in the 4.1.0 release. I've removed the 4.1.0 build from this post and created a new thread for 4.1.1. This fix is the only change from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to see the updates in the main control area. I also use Mac/Chrome and those features work fine for me.