alert when upgrading firmware when backup has not been recently done

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

alert when upgrading firmware when backup has not been recently done

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

a register set in firmware of the date the last successful backup... and a display next to the update button that says how long it is...

and then I realize bcs does not have a concept of time.. <bang head against wall>
JonW
Site Admin

Re: alert when upgrading firmware when backup has not been recently done

Post by JonW »

Even though BCS doesn't have a concept of time, it's still a good idea. Since the PC doing the backup does have a concept of time, it could be possible to write the date to the BCS for display purposes. I'd also suggest then that the backup files be named using the date portion as well. e.g. bcs-backup-20171127.json
brahn

Post by brahn »

We could do this as a warning any time the firmware is upgraded. The BCS update is done via TFTP, writing the date of the update to the BCS in that process isn't really possible as far as I know.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

He was looking for the date of the last backup, not firmware update. That could be written during the backup process.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

is there a way to cache the .json in memory during an upgrade and it is available only until the next power cycle? When the page refreshes after the update a button is not greyed out if that file is persistent in memory and a push of a button loads it from memory?