New Timers

Things to come.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

New Timers

Post by oakbarn »

I revamped my system to use the new timers on the Main Control Panel.

Because of the way they are displayed, I used only one timer per Process as I had been using up to 4. I normally have up to 5 Processes running at the same time so that limited the # of useful timers. It would be nice if the timers also had a display check box for the Timer Pane on the main control Panel.

The Timer Labels would be better if center justified.

I had to rename all my timers because it had the Process Name at the beginning. I would prefer no Process Name and just the Timer Name.

For example I have a Process named Mash. Before I had a Timer named "Mash" , So be fore I named it "Timer", it was "Mash Mash". I can figure a name if I have two timers named the same (and I did not) That I need to know which Process.

I did my first brew with 4.1.1 and all went well and I do like the Big Timers :) .
JonW
Site Admin

Re: New Timers

Post by JonW »

Our latest unreleased firmware does address the labels sizes/descriptions. In addition, there are check boxes at the timer level as to whether they should be included in the "large" display area.
PLOVE

Post by PLOVE »

I upgraded to 4.1. Seems to work well, but I wasn't able to see the "new" large timers. Turns-out, they don't appear if you are using Safari as your browser. They do work in Chrome, however. Kind of a bummer, but it get how difficult it is to support products on multiple browsers. Just an Fyi for anyone using Safari and can't see the timers.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I can see them on my IPhone which is Safari. But for a Windows Machine:

The last Safari for windows was 5.1.7 but Apple discontinued development and support for it in May 2012 so it is no longer secure.