Force Run at Powerup needs new processes added

Things to come.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Force Run at Powerup needs new processes added

Post by JonW »

Please add the new additional 4 processes to the "Miscellaneous System Settings" option to select them at powerup.
For myself, I plan on keeping the last two processes for my fermentor and serving refrigerators, but I'm unable to select them at startup.

Proc0 = MLT Heat
Proc1 = HLT Heat
Proc2 = Fly Sparge
Proc3 = Boil
Proc4 = Transfer/Chill
Proc5 = CIP (clean)
Proc6 = Fermentor Fridge
Proc7 = Serving Fridge
ECC

Re: Force Run at Powerup needs new processes added

Post by ECC »

Thanks JonW. This will be included in the next update.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

JonW,

Tell me about your CIP (CLEAN IN PLACE) process.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

It's not done yet as I'm still working on getting the automation valves I need. However, the plan is that I can put water, PBW, StarSan, etc. in the HLT and run a recirc, then transfer it to the MLT, recirc, then transfer to the brew kettle, recirc, then out through the heat exchanger. I have 3 pumps and and don't swap any hoses during the brew process, so I can do a continous process of fluid movement from vessel to vessel.
ohio-ed

Post by ohio-ed »

JonW wrote:It's not done yet as I'm still working on getting the automation valves I need. However, the plan is that I can put water, PBW, StarSan, etc. in the HLT and run a recirc, then transfer it to the MLT, recirc, then transfer to the brew kettle, recirc, then out through the heat exchanger. I have 3 pumps and and don't swap any hoses during the brew process, so I can do a continous process of fluid movement from vessel to vessel.
My system is similar, no hose swaps.
What are your plans for empting the grain from the MT and cleaning the "sludge" from the BK?

If you start with PBW in the HLT, pump to the MT, recirc, pump to the BK, recirc, then out through the HE, you end up pumping all the crude through the HE.

I have found I need to kind of break down and do a quick hose out of the MT & BK to remove most of the grain & sludge before I start the CIP process.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yeah, I guess CIP is a bit of a misnomer as I do plan on pulling the MLT & BK to hose out before putting back in place to run the CIP.
BCS Portland

Post by BCS Portland »

I dream of CIP. I'd be able to brew more because my back would like it.

My initial testing of lining my MLT with a Brew In A Bag Voile bag is that it makes MLT cleaning much easier. It also does a great job of clearing the wort faster. Only issue comes in with a large grain load. You still have to shovel some of it out to make the bag more manageable for the lift out. You do wind up with a gunk free MLT, just needs an Oxy recirculation. Best under $10 purchase for my brewery.
rcrabb22

Post by rcrabb22 »

BCS Portland wrote:I dream of CIP. I'd be able to brew more because my back would like it.

My initial testing of lining my MLT with a Brew In A Bag Voile bag is that it makes MLT cleaning much easier. It also does a great job of clearing the wort faster. Only issue comes in with a large grain load. You still have to shovel some of it out to make the bag more manageable for the lift out. You do wind up with a gunk free MLT, just needs an Oxy recirculation. Best under $10 purchase for my brewery.
Did you purchase the bag (where?) or make it from fabric?
BCS Portland

Post by BCS Portland »

Bought the fabric and some nylon thread. Begged the wife to sew it up. She taught me how to do it but I am pretty bad at it.

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/sheer- ... abric-.htm
bad coffee

Post by bad coffee »

Sweet. I'm going to run my Fermenatrix on P7, so that update will rock!

B