Din to activate a pause

Things to come.
bbrally
Bot?: No

Din to activate a pause

Post by bbrally »

I'm wiring a control panel for a buddy who does not want to use any interface other than the control panel.

But he would like a pause button. I don't believe there's anyway to program a pause from a din.

Is this something that could be added to a future update?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Din to activate a pause

Post by JonW »

Do you mean to actually pause the running process? e.g. halt all programmed activity for that process, then resume? Or, do you mean to add a pause before another state? Both can be accomplished and triggered via a button push. Give a little more background on the type and use of the pause and lets see if we can think through some ladder logic and/or states to accomplish what's needed.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I want the suspend the timer(s) and close all outputs, just as the "pause" button on the BCS interface does. Pressing the "resume" button then continues the timers(s) and opens the relevant outputs of the state the pause took place in.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yeah, if you're looking for a 100% pause and resume from anywhere in the process like the UI does, that's not possible from a DIN. If it was only from a main state of the process, you could jump to another state to stop everything, then return back to the previous state when the DIN triggers again.

There is one way I could think of to do this, but it would require an extra piece like a Rpi. You could use DIN's on a RPi and send BCS API commands in response to the triggers. There's a whole lotta stuff you could do with that.