Alarm output port

Things to come.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Alarm output port

Post by JonW »

I'd like to see a system setup option where you could designate an output port as an "Alarm Output". Then within the state programming, you should have the option of selecting the alarm output port for pulsed or continuous output on state change. The "Alarm Off" button should also reset this port if an alarm is active. Normal on/off control of the port should be left as is so that the alarm could also be programatically controlled by states as needed.
ECC

Re: Alarm output port

Post by ECC »

This is a good idea. How about if we made the alarm available as a contact in the Ladder Logic programming? That way you could assign it to whatever output you would like.

Code: Select all

Alarm                    Out0
--| |--------------------( )--
Or, if you want to make it trigger a process (such that you could use timers to intermittently assert an output, something like this:

Code: Select all

Alarm                  ProcessX
--| |--------------------( )--
Would that work for you? Come to think of it, this also might be a good method for a solution to the Auto Ignition output assignments that you requested in a previous thread. i.e, make them available as contacts in the ladder logic.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I can't tell you if that will work for me because I don't have a clue about ladder logic!

I've searched on the wiki and in the forum and I can't find any examples of how this works.

Point me in the right direction and I'll check it out.
ECC

Post by ECC »

yeah, good point. Documentation for Ladder Logic has been festering on my todo list for too long. Consider it bumped.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Implemented in v3.4