Expansion port feature request

Things to come.
bbrally
Bot?: No

Expansion port feature request

Post by bbrally »

I've slowly been getting my system operational and have noticed a couple of features involving the expansion ports which would make things a little nicer.

It would be nice to be able to assign labels to the expansion port outputs, like you can the 460/462 outputs.

I'd also like to see indicator (red/green) lights for the expansion outputs. There is a binary representation of this ([0:11]=011100110101) in the curent state properties, which is better than no indication, but far from the quickly identifiable indication of the 460/462 outputs.

It would be nice if in the process setup screen, under the "State Exit Conditions, State Diagram", the drop down list for the exit condition inputs used the user assigned label (ie. HLT Temp) rather then the internal identifier (ie. TEMP0).
S. Parks

Re: Expansion port feature request

Post by S. Parks »

I second this request, as I am in the throws of configuring some additional outputs via the digi 16.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Adam doesn't always respond to feature requests, but he or others have always responded to every problem or question I have had.

When a new update does come out, my memory tells me that he has listened to all requests and incorporated most if not all of them.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Thanks guys, yeah sorry that I didn't respond. If you're looking for an instant response usually an email or PM is better. I view the forum mainly as a place for discussion, so sometimes I don't get to it right away.

This feature is kind of hard, the sheer number of possible inputs and outputs available with expansion cards (currrently 4x digi16's) makes it hard to store all of that data. If we did store all of the i/o labels, it would really eat into the free storage capacity of the device which would then limit future features. I'll look into it, but this might be a good candidate for custom code with the open interface API.

In the next revision of the firmware, I'm expanding the customization options for the interface. This will make it easier for people to pull in their own code to tweak the interface to their liking. Still in the dev stages, but more info to come.