Analog output

Things to come.
flux
Bot?: No

Analog output

Post by flux »

Faster carrier frequency on the PWM output would be very handy. This would make it simple to make a 1-5v analog output with a simple RC network. This would allow industry standard automation products to be integrated.
ECC

Re: Analog output

Post by ECC »

Interesting idea. How fast is faster? I guess it would just depend on the RC vals.
flux

Post by flux »

currently i am using it with a output period of 1 second, the smallest pulse it will produce is .1second which gives me a duty cycle of 10% - 100%. i am reducing the ripple with a 2200uF cap across 20k ohm of a 30k ohm voltage divider to give me a an analog of 0-3.6V which i calibrated the input of my variable frequency drive to. the problem is i can't go below 10% and it does not reduce all the ripple so my motor surges giving me poor flow control. the size of my voltage divider and capacitor also adds about 10 seconds of delay to crude A/D converter. If i could boost the carrier frequency to 100HZ i could use a much smaller capacitor and increase my response times and reduce the ripple even more.
flux

Post by flux »

an expansion with one or two of these would be awesome! would also solve the RTD problem as you could build a wheatstone bridge to convert the RTD to a 0-5v signal!