3-wire RTD usage..

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

3-wire RTD usage..

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

I have a friend at a pro brewery that has 14 PID's in on/off 2-degree mode that use 3-wire RTD's in his fermenters, he wants to be able to monitor the temp and change setpoint remotely.
I showed him my 462, and stated how he could use 2 of them to do this, 8 proc's/inputs/outputs each, but would need to use 10K Thermistors.. He was not too keen on that part, as he has Sanitary RTD temperature sensors installed and wired...
These are the ones I think they have (look like them) http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Sho ... TD1-S04-01

I am pretty sure this would require a hardware change to add 2 new terminals, or a different expansion board to do this.... or possibly some *magic* with resistor networks and feed a "simulated Thermistor signal" back to the BCS..

Have you looked at this?
flux

Re: 3-wire RTD usage..

Post by flux »

Being able to use RTD's would be awesome! how remote are they looking for? RTD extension wire is cheap (cat6 works great)
ECC

Re: 3-wire RTD usage..

Post by ECC »

Yes, this would be very cool. It would require new hardware, either an expansion card or new version of the BCS. We've looked into it, but I don't have any target date as of yet.