More colors and Flexability for HMI widgets?

Things to come.
S. Parks
Bot?: No

More colors and Flexability for HMI widgets?

Post by S. Parks »

It's a small request, but could you add blue to the list of widget options? Most illuminated switched come in red, green, yellow, and blue. I built my system with illuminated 3 position switches to run in manual or auto (as many people do). Green is my MLT supply and return valves, Blue, is the HLT supply and return valves, and yellow is my pump and RIMS. If I had blue in the pallet selection, I can correlate the widget color with the output being asserted on my control panel.

Another request; is there any chance that the digi-16 outputs can have widgets so that (in my case) I can show when my burners ignite on the HMI? Right now my work around for that is I have a LIGHT MLY, and HLT Process so I can show it as a runing process to make them show up on the HMI, even though the output comes from the digi-16. I'd like to free up those two processes for something else if I could.
ECC

Re: More colors and Flexability for HMI widgets?

Post by ECC »

Well, I think we have the flexibility covered. You can create any widget that you need with a little JavaScript.
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... tomization

In fact, the code example in external.js is a Blue Indicator light. So just enable external.js in the System Settings page, and you will see a blue indicator in the Widget selection list.

I agree that expansion card outputs need to be accessible in the HMI (and the main control page). This feature will be added to an upcoming firmware release.
S. Parks

Re: More colors and Flexability for HMI widgets?

Post by S. Parks »

Thanks, I found the blue dot. I'll have to get some schooling in using your javascript app, before I'll be able to utilize it; Which I'd love to do