More Flexability in Temperature Averaging

Things to come.
S. Parks
Bot?: No

More Flexability in Temperature Averaging

Post by S. Parks »

Right now temperature averaging can only be done between inputs 0 and 1, 2 and 3, etc. Would it be feasable to allow custom combinations with a process such as 0 and 1 in one process, but 0 and 2 in another process. In my system I use one pump, and everything that moves through my system passes through the RIMs on the return side of the process. I use input 0, as the system temperature for what-ever process is running. That way when maintainng a temp with the RIMS, I aam controlling temp on the return, which eliminates scorching and overshooting. I have 1 and 2 assigned to the supply from the HLT and MLT repectively. The temperature avereging option makes for very accurate and fast temperature changes and because it uses both incoming and outgoing temps. I understand that this association would have to exist within a process, and not be a universal systyem setting. Can this be done? :?:
ECC

Re: More Flexability in Temperature Averaging

Post by ECC »

Temperature averaging with a per-process level of granularity is very complex to implement. There are several subtleties that make it hard.

Are you using temp3? You can get another temp probe, and place two probes in the RIMS, and then average 0/1 (RIMS/MLT) for one process, and 2/3 (HLT/RIMS) for another process?
S. Parks

Re: More Flexability in Temperature Averaging

Post by S. Parks »

Yeah, I'm using temp 3 for my whirlpool/plate chiller temp. Maybe more option of combinations in system set up that would persist until changed? :?: