Request to better differentiate admin and observer

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

Request to better differentiate admin and observer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

I am using Firefox 6, and I cannot tell which login the browser has used.
I also am able to change a PID setpoint and hit 'apply', and the page just seems to hang... (interesting, after 10 seconds or so, hovering over one of the top menu bars undoes the temp change, much as the refresh button does)

True, it does not allow the change, but I think it could be better some way...

Would it be possible to have a widget or something display : 'logged in as admin/observer [log out] '
Would it be possible to have a 'observer' banner on all pages when logged in that way? (seems easy)

Would it be possible to have the buttons that do not work greyed out and inactive? (seems like a lot more work)

-mike
clearwaterbrewer

Re: Request to better differentiate admin and observer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

bump...

And also add in the ability to specify a certain IP that is not prompted with a login, no matter what... you know, for a display or digital signage app... maybe a check box for admin or observer next to the IP
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yes, something like this is needed.

On the IP, what if you could just specify no prompting for the local subnet? Having to specify multiple local addresses that should not have auth would take up additional storage space.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I think displaying the signed in user would be pretty simple. Not requiring login from an IP/range I'd have to think about.