Multiple Temps to a single Out

Things to come.
rednender
Bot?: No

Multiple Temps to a single Out

Post by rednender »

I am new to using the BCS, but I figured I would post this here since I didn't see a way to do this in the documentation. A little background on the system I designed will help explain my request.

My HLT has as an electric water heater coil, which is controlled by my BCS. My mash-tun does not. Instead, I have a HERMS coil in my HLT to maintain the temperature on the mash during the mashing process. I have a temp probe in both my HLT and my Mash-tun. Now, I would like to be able to constantly be recirculating the mash through the HERMS coil to maintain the temperature in my mash-tun. In this sense, I want to be able to associate the output that is controlling my HLT element with the temp probe in my mash-tun. In addition to this, I would like to be able to associate the same output controlling my HLT element with the temp probe in my HLT, so when it comes time to heat up striking water to a specific temperature, I can do so.

Two different PID settings controlling the same output, based on two different temperature probes. Obviously, these two situations could not be occurring simultaneously. I know there is a way to do this via wiring, but it would be easier and more robust if the software could handle it for me.

I have enjoyed my use of the BCS and look forward to using it more in the future.

Questions and suggestions welcome.
ECC

Re: Multiple Temps to a single Out

Post by ECC »

Hi rednender. Temperature probe associations are usually static per PID (output), but you can swap PID settings on a per-state basis using the Alternate PID feature, accessible at the bottom of the Edit Processes page. More info here:
http://www.embeddedcc.com/wiki/index.ph ... ernate_PID
rednender

Re: Multiple Temps to a single Out

Post by rednender »

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at it.