BCS.client - Node.js client library

Applications that run on PC/Mac.
cscade
Bot?: No

BCS.client - Node.js client library

Post by cscade »

For clarity right up front; This is not a program you run on your computer or your browser. It is a library meant for use by people writing other software that wants to talk to a BCS.

Hey everyone! I want to introduce a new Node.js library for interfacing with the BCS!

BCS.client uses the built-in API endpoints offered by the BCS to extract data from it. A full description of what it can do is at it's GitHub page, https://github.com/cscade/BCS.client.

My motivation for creating this library is pretty straightforward. I am writing web-based logging software to keep track of all my brews (also on github: https://github.com/cscade/homebrew-log), batches, and variations between them. I have long term intent to be a pro brewer, so I am looking not only for good logging, but also for long term records about my batches, fermentation charting, and the ability to compare batches of the same beer in an overlay style. So far, I have been entering all my temperature data points manually. However, the BCS already controls the fermentation process, so this seemed a little silly. And like so, this project was born to grab the temp data right from the BCS in real-time, and log it for me at regular intervals.

BCS.client is fresh and new, and will no doubt change somewhat. It's open source, and I welcome & encourage contributions! Cheers! :D
aleforce

Re: BCS.client - Node.js client library

Post by aleforce »

Thanks CSCADE. Look forward to checking out the API and Library.
Off We Go Into The Wild Brew Yonder!
cscade

Post by cscade »

Just a heads up, 0.1.3 was just released this morning, which includes some bug fixes affecting BCS-462 owners, as well as full test coverage. This update is recommended for everyone.

The documentation at the github page has also been refined. Cheers!
BREWMASON

Post by BREWMASON »

Thank you very much for putting this together. Good to see many of us here have the same passion and long term goals. Happy 2013!!!