BCS Desktop App (V 0.5.0) for Windows, Linux, Mac & Rpi

Applications that run on PC/Mac.
vince805
Bot?: No

Re: BCS Desktop App (V 0.5.0) for Windows, Linux, Mac & Rpi

Post by vince805 »

I have the BCS Desktop app working on a Pi but kept getting the error "Check BCS Credentials or network connection!" when doing a "Get BCS Config". I have it set to the lowest poll interval (300ms) and I always get the error at around the /api/output/14 mark.

I am using a wifi thing to give the pi and bcs wireless connection to my network. I decided to test the network so I hard wired the BCS to my router and am now running BCS desktop on my Windows 7 pc which is also hard wired. I still get the same error at the same time.

Here's the error:

Here's my network config:

Another issue: When running BCS Desktop on my Win7 machine I get the temp's showing properly, when running on the pi (wheezy) I do not get temperatures. I am using the same config file on both.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Can you reset the BCS config and retrieve the default setup to see if you still get that error?

I'm wondering if there are some garbage characters in the return data that is causing some type of corruption.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

vince805 wrote:Another issue: When running BCS Desktop on my Win7 machine I get the temp's showing properly, when running on the pi (wheezy) I do not get temperatures. I am using the same config file on both.
If you enable customization mode on the Pi, do you see them there?
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote:Can you reset the BCS config and retrieve the default setup to see if you still get that error?

I'm wondering if there are some garbage characters in the return data that is causing some type of corruption.
I did a "Reset to defaults" on the bcs460 and then went to BCS Desktop and did "Get BCS Config" and it gave me the error again.

JonW wrote:If you enable customization mode on the Pi, do you see them there?.
I see the labels, yes, but there is no data showing up on them (on the pi).
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

What version of the exe are you running?

Can you send me a copy of your configs? I'll PM you an e-mail address.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote:What version of the exe are you running?

Can you send me a copy of your configs? I'll PM you an e-mail address.
0.5.3, just let me know what you would like me to send and ill send them
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I see from your JSON backup that you're on a 460. It will be later tonight before I can test on that platform.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote:I see from your JSON backup that you're on a 460. It will be later tonight before I can test on that platform.
OK, thank you.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

vince805 wrote:I have the BCS Desktop app working on a Pi but kept getting the error "Check BCS Credentials or network connection!" when doing a "Get BCS Config". I have it set to the lowest poll interval (300ms) and I always get the error at around the /api/output/14 mark.
This appears to be a bug only when using the 460. It does not appear to cause any negative side affect other than the annoying message. I'll get it fixed in a future release.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote:
vince805 wrote:I have the BCS Desktop app working on a Pi but kept getting the error "Check BCS Credentials or network connection!" when doing a "Get BCS Config". I have it set to the lowest poll interval (300ms) and I always get the error at around the /api/output/14 mark.
This appears to be a bug only when using the 460. It does not appear to cause any negative side affect other than the annoying message. I'll get it fixed in a future release.
Alright, thanks for checking on that.

Any idea why the bcs desktop wouldn't show updated information on the pi?