Applications that run on PC/Mac.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: BCS Desktop App (V 0.5.0) for Windows, Linux, Mac & Rpi

Post by JonW »

vince805 wrote:
JonW wrote:
vince805 wrote:I have the BCS Desktop app working on a Pi but kept getting the error "Check BCS Credentials or network connection!" when doing a "Get BCS Config". I have it set to the lowest poll interval (300ms) and I always get the error at around the /api/output/14 mark.
This appears to be a bug only when using the 460. It does not appear to cause any negative side affect other than the annoying message. I'll get it fixed in a future release.
Alright, thanks for checking on that.

Any idea why the bcs desktop wouldn't show updated information on the pi?
Are you just referring to the temp issue previously mentioned, or something else? Moving back and forth from the Pi to Windows shouldn't be an issue. When going into customization mode on the Pi, check the settings for the temp objects from the object name drop down in the customization box. Check the visible setting, position, font color, etc. Never had anyone mention this as an issue before.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote: Are you just referring to the temp issue previously mentioned, or something else? Moving back and forth from the Pi to Windows shouldn't be an issue. When going into customization mode on the Pi, check the settings for the temp objects from the object name drop down in the customization box. Check the visible setting, position, font color, etc. Never had anyone mention this as an issue before.
Yes, that issue. It is actually that nothing works. I didn't realize how well it was supposed to work until I loaded it on my win7 machine. On the win7 machine I get temp readouts, I push buttons and they do what they are supposed to. On the pi it's just dumb. No readouts, buttons do nothing. If I go to customization mode I see everything properly. I tested it with all the default layouts and none of them work. I will get some pictures later. The "Get BCS Config" works (besides that error you know about from earlier) so it does communicate with the pi, but nothing after that.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote: Are you just referring to the temp issue previously mentioned, or something else? Moving back and forth from the Pi to Windows shouldn't be an issue. When going into customization mode on the Pi, check the settings for the temp objects from the object name drop down in the customization box. Check the visible setting, position, font color, etc. Never had anyone mention this as an issue before.
Here is a video showing the BCS Desktop app not working properly on my pi. Again it is a BCS 460.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

vince805 wrote:
Here is a video showing the BCS Desktop app not working properly on my pi. Again it is a BCS 460.
I think you forgot to link in the video.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote: I think you forgot to link in the video.

LOL, oops!

https://youtu.be/EmtDc-KLGnU
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I'll try to run a test on a 460 in the next couple of days. I don't know what the issue is, but I'm guessing it might be something related to the 460 having different length return values than the 462. I tested on the PC with both a 460 & 462, but only on the Pi with a 462. Looks like there may be some subtle differences in the way Mono is doing some of the data handling. As long as I can replicate it with the 460, it should be an easy fix.
vince805

Post by vince805 »

JonW wrote:I'll try to run a test on a 460 in the next couple of days. I don't know what the issue is, but I'm guessing it might be something related to the 460 having different length return values than the 462. I tested on the PC with both a 460 & 462, but only on the Pi with a 462. Looks like there may be some subtle differences in the way Mono is doing some of the data handling. As long as I can replicate it with the 460, it should be an easy fix.
Curious if you have had a chance to look into this yet?
vince805

Post by vince805 »

Any updates on the 460? Please?
OH-Brew

Post by OH-Brew »

Hello, I've been playing around with the BCS Desktop app on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian. I've set up a pretty simple GUI for fermentation only and I bought a 7" touchscreen for this purpose. I'm wondering if there is a way to run the BCS desktop app in a full screen mode instead of in a window. I can "undecorate" the window which gets rid of the top bar but I still have the gray bar at the bottom of the window. Basically I want to make a Kiosk using only the BCS app that fills the entire screen. I'm no expert with Linux but I've been searching with no luck on how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Are you talking about the status bar at the bottom that shows the date/time and other status info? If so, no, that is part of the app display and cannot be hidden.