My version of the HMI builder

Applications that run on PC/Mac.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: My version of the HMI builder

Post by oakbarn »

I did my first brew with the HMI and the Alexa Voice control. Both worked well! Lots of fun. Since you can see flow and I can control my pumps with Alexa, I am going to rewire the my pumps into the BCS again ( I had them but then bypassed so should be easy. I still have lots of manual valves.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Under the beta site, it looks like I have lost "manual" control of an Output. If I turn on an out with the standard BCS GUI (click the out), it turns on or off on both the GUI and the HMI. I cannot click an Out on the HMI and have it come on.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I can't reproduce this. Can you give more details.

Remember that the manual control only works if there are no outputs referenced in any ladder logic programming and there are no running states where the outputs are enabled.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Cleaned the cache and rebooted and all is fine. Should have done that first!
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Between work and family, this update (ver 0.6.0) took a long time.

http://bbrally.altervista.org/guibeta/index.html

But there's a lot in here:
  • Objects can be identified as to their Output/DIN/Probe assignment via the Palette tab check boxes
  • Objects can be assigned negative values for Outputs and DINs (This allows the object to display the opposite of what the BCS is doing. An off will be displayed as on and visa versa)
  • Line objects can have outputs assigned to them (Line objects cannot be clicked like a valve to manually turn them on/off. They only react to the BCS output state)
  • Image objects can have outputs and dins assigned to them (image objects can be clicked to manually turn an output on/off.)
  • Image objects, like text objects, can have "on/off" states applied to them. This allows a different image to appear on output/din change.
  • Display of degree symbol can be removed via the Palette tab check boxes
  • Electric heater element added to palette
I've been rushing to check this for bugs before I go on vacation in an hour, but I though I'd get it out there rather than wait a couple weeks. I haven't found any bugs for a while now, so it's time to set it free.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, they have definitely helped improve the app.
Last edited by bbrally on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Looks good. I do like the images to turn on and off an Output. I do have different images for On and Off and easy to see that something is ASSERTED.

I am still having some issues with getting Pipe Corners to mesh exactly. A Pipe Tee widget would be nice as wee as left and right corner widgets.

Electric element widget is nice.
Jcc4507fly

Post by Jcc4507fly »

I agree that a pipe T, and corners would be super helpful. Or the ability to flip the current corner pieces so the flow lines are correct. Any closer to adding a widget for a 3-way valve with "t-port" and also one with an "L-port"?
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

T's, corners, and 3-way valves are all very difficult to incorporate as they do not fit within the current standard for an object.

That's not to say it can't be done, it's just been much easier to do all the other stuff. It's still in the back of my mind, but an easy solution is still eluding me.

3-way valves can be "emulated" using 3 lines and asigning ouputs to two of them (one negative and one positiive). There's no animation involved but the plumbing flow is accurate. An image of a valve could be placed over top and then set to change as the output changes, thus showing the valve positioning and allowing manual change.

I haven't abandoned these three items, just very slow at getting to them.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Or the ability to flip the current corner pieces so the flow lines are correct.
Perhaps I'm not understanding, but the plumbing direction of the corner lines should be accurate. Direction only matters if the lines are a source of pressure, in which case the flow can only go from the straight end to the corner end. With the H2O source turned off, the direction of flow will be determined by the upstream object, regardless of which end that comes from. And upon return to the "Palette" tab, the flow is reset to it's default flow direction.

Let me know if there's something I'm missing, or it's not doing what I think it should.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

You need to make sure that the lines are not H2O sources and you may have to to "flip" the pump or source to get the flow correct. I build my pipes in a white area and check flow as I am building. Once I figured it out, flow can be correct.