My version of the HMI builder

Applications that run on PC/Mac.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: My version of the HMI builder

Post by oakbarn »

I rebooted and it solved that issue. Not sure why it happened but I was messing with screen resolutions for something else and when I reverted back two of my pipes where under the tabs. AS I said, a simple reboot of my computer solved it. I do not know why I did not follow my own advice" If something is messed up, reboot your computer before you call me."
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I've been moving my websites around getting them more organized and to try and get better version control working.

The links in my signature point to the most current locations.

I've added a beta site where any changes I make will appear until I feel that they are stable enough and will cause the least disruption to people and can then be transferred to the regular site.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

bbrally wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:03 pm
how much CPU power would this take to run *on* the BCS (or the new BCS) natively?
None. Just as with the native BCS interface, it runs completely on your computer and only accesses the BCS for interaction.
OK, I understand, I was able to right click and save the .htm file to my own website and load it...

next question - how to get this to work best on something like a samsung smart tv, old apple TV, or chromecast?

here is my samsung:
BCS GUI on Samsung.jpg
BCS GUI on Samsung.jpg (173.08 KiB) Viewed 163915 times
clearwaterbrewer

here is a youtube I shot for the distilling forum to pimp the BCS and the new GUI... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYKVaN5xn1g
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

clearwaterbrewer wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:07 am
next question - how to get this to work best on something like a samsung smart tv, old apple TV, or chromecast?
Since it is browser based, you can cast to a Chomecast Dongle or Chomecast TV with the Chomecast App. I also have an HDMI Out on my computer that I sometimes hook to the Large Screen TV rather than casting.

My brew partner and I "finalized" our production HMI Canvas.

Here is a link to pix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/76w8mqsi05lx5 ... 1.png?dl=0

Likely change if we get new widgets or features, but we are ready to try it with a brew.
clearwaterbrewer

bbrally wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:03 pm
how much CPU power would this take to run *on* the BCS (or the new BCS) natively?
None. Just as with the native BCS interface, it runs completely on your computer and only accesses the BCS for interaction.

let me rephrase my question - what would it take for this to run on a private network without being connected to the internet and needing to reach altervista.org, maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com, code.jquery.com, or cdnjs.cloudflare.com?
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Very little.

There is a little work you'd have to do, and I'd have to set something up. But it wouldn't take much.

I'll write something up in the help in the next few days explaining the process.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I've updated the beta site.

There are now editable text and temperature objects.
The text objects can now change their properties based upon and output or DIN state.
There is also now a copy object function. (ctrl-c)

http://bbrally.altervista.org/GUI/index.html

The help has also been updated to try and explain the use of the new text properties.

http://bcsguibeta.from-ca.com/help.html?ver=03022017

This required a fair bit of a rewrite. I appreciate any feedback/testing.
Last edited by bbrally on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

WOW! Really nice. I can get rid of most of my images. Nice Touch with hexidecimal colors and changing when a DIN is On or Off. CRTL-C is also a big time saver! Now I have to revamp the Canvas once again. I can now read the Temps and Setpoints on the Large Screen TV besides my own Timer and Temp Javascript that you assisted me with. I plan to brew with it Sunday week. I did use the heater and a "blank" image to make an element (2 flames) and also an Ignitor (one flame). I will be playing with it!
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

The new features of the text are awesome. I was able to create oblong widgets that are similar to those on the Main Control Panel of the BCS that change to Green when on. The (HLT)e does just that when Out 1 is on or off. The Element on the side of the tank is RED when On and transparent when off and is simply Out 1 as Text as well that is 1px by 40 px. I found I could make different “Text” shapes including a Circle (Radius 50%/50%) or Square (Radius Blank)

Text Widget: The White Float oblong widget at the bottom is a DIN that also changes color with on/off.

The Temp Readings can be larger and easier to read and color coordinated like a Standard LED.

One suggestion is that when “Text” has the “Out” radio button clicked, it becomes interactive with the BCS. That way, we could click the Text widget to turn on or off the Out. Right now, it is just reactive.
Text On2.png
Text On2.png (137.96 KiB) Viewed 163845 times
So far, it all works!