My version of the HMI builder

Applications that run on PC/Mac.
bbrally
Bot?: No

Re: My version of the HMI builder

Post by bbrally »

I don't think I really wanted Tee's and corners. I fought it for the longest time. I just didn't know how to do it without a thousand if statements all through my code. And I didn't really think they were necessary.

But I woke the other morning and had the answer to solve the problem without changing the whole structure of the program or using if statements. And this solution allows easy (sort of easy) 3-way valves.

Now that I've used the Tees and corners, I admit I was wrong. They are much easier and quicker to draw with.

http://bbrally.altervista.org/guibeta/index.html

new objects.png
new objects.png (4.17 KiB) Viewed 212543 times
Last edited by bbrally on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I've been working on getting 3-way valves incorporated into the program. I finished them this morning and in doing some testing for bugs I found a bug in the object options popup that has been there for the past two updates.

After clicking on different objects, Disabled fields are no longer disabled. For example if you right click on a valve, and then right click on a kettle, the enabled fields of the valve will now be enabled on the kettle. This doesn't affect the program, but does look incorrect. This will take some time to fix and I'm holding off on releasing the 3-way valve update until then.

But here's some of the new objects when I do fix it:

new objects.png
new objects.png (66.22 KiB) Viewed 212507 times

I'm also thinking of removing the 45 degree angle line. Does anyone think this is worth keeping?

45 angle.png
45 angle.png (4.87 KiB) Viewed 212507 times

What about these? Worth keeping?

corner lines.png
corner lines.png (8.02 KiB) Viewed 212507 times
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

A few bugs fixed, new objects added, and a couple of other small improvements.

I've kept the old corner line left and right and the 45 degree line, but I may remove them in the future. So I would consider them deprecated unless I hear a compelling reason to leave them in the program.

http://bbrally.altervista.org/guibeta/index.html
Last edited by bbrally on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I do use the none straight ends but could do without them since you made the corners. I never used the 45 as you could do that with the straight one anyway.
punk_rock

Post by punk_rock »

I really like the beta. The three way valves are great. I'm sure it would be hard but would there be a way to turn valves on and off depending on the Processes and States?
Thank you for all your hard work, I really appreciate it!

bbrally

Post by bbrally »

The pumps/valves reflect what the BCS is doing, so if a pump/valve is on in the BCS, the same should true on the screen at state/process change.

If this is a valve you manually turn on/off, then the only way currently, would be to assign it an output your system is currently not using and program that output to reflect the change you want.

Assigning changes to objects on state or process change was something I had thought of doing, but the change to the program and saved files would be pretty significant, so at the moment it isn't on the horizon.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Along those lines, is the bottom section where you can choose a process or state any further along? For me, the GUI at the top works very well. But if I want to change a state or process, I go back to the regular BCS Main Control Panel. I have the diagram of "my dream" somewhere. I did send to you some time ago I think, I would love to have 3 Process States showing with them being selectable (similar to You BCS/Pallette/Option tabs. I like this so much as my Brew Partner that I always brew with the GUI. I know that "my dream" may not be yours :lol: . THANKS for all your effort!
punk_rock

Post by punk_rock »

oakbarn wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 am
Along those lines, is the bottom section where you can choose a process or state any further along?
I am able to choose any Process or State by clicking on it. I's Awesome!
punk_rock

Post by punk_rock »

bbrally wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:27 pm
If this is a valve you manually turn on/off, then the only way currently, would be to assign it an output your system is currently not using and program that output to reflect the change you want.
I did use my last available output for my manual valves. I wish I would have bought the 462. It might be time to upgrade.

Thanks for the reply!
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Along those lines, is the bottom section where you can choose a process or state any further along?
It's further along in the sense that I've thought about it.
Viewing more than one process at a time brings in some other changes to the flow of the program that will take time to code.
This will still be a while, but it is on the list.