My version of the HMI builder

Applications that run on PC/Mac.
bbrally
Bot?: No

Re: My version of the HMI builder

Post by bbrally »

A plumbing pipe with no flow would also be nice. Just like the animated flow ones but without animation or flow.
If the pipes on the canvas connect to no source of pressure, they will always be empty. Have the pipe not connected to a pump or an "H2O source" and you will have an empty pipe.
Just Noticed that only the Highest Process State Pane is displayed.
This was to simplify the display as well as the amount of updating to the screen to be done. I also wanted to be able to view more than one process and my solution was to have the "bracket" pointers draggable to the process you wanted to view. It works mostly, but there are still a few bugs to iron out with regard to state change updates, thus it is currently disabled.
Some of the Info to the Right is not as useful to me so it could go.
I'll do some more thinking on this.

Appreciate all the ideas.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

It was more of a Visual thing with the empty pipes. If I build it as in real life, there may be flow on both sides of a valve. I had just decided that since I do not have enough outs to control all the possible valves, to make it cleaner for my brew partner, I wanted my manifold to be empty. In reality, there is pressure on both side of my valves or at least on one side when any pump is on. In many cases, there vessels are isolated, but if their pumps are on, there is pressure.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Here is a pix of my progress. I did add blank pipe at the bottom without animation by a URL.
LR 2 Progress Number 2.jpg
LR 2 Progress Number 2.jpg (224.57 KiB) Viewed 150815 times
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I plan to replace the generic pots with pixs of my own vessels.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

how much CPU power would this take to run *on* the BCS (or the new BCS) natively?
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

how much CPU power would this take to run *on* the BCS (or the new BCS) natively?
None. Just as with the native BCS interface, it runs completely on your computer and only accesses the BCS for interaction.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

One way to get your empty pipe would be to have the ends not touch other ends. Setup is like this:
note the where the ends are. (and the layer is below the layer of the other pipes)
note the where the ends are. (and the layer is below the layer of the other pipes)
blank pipe setup.png (12.13 KiB) Viewed 150800 times
This is the result:
Blank pipe is always blank regardless of other pipes and flow
Blank pipe is always blank regardless of other pipes and flow
blank pipe result.png (8.16 KiB) Viewed 150800 times
When the flow is off to all pipes, it's not quite right visually, but closer to what you are looking for?
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I will try that. It also looks like you changed the bottom frame to slightly larger. Minor issue that I have overcome. I had a pipe that is now under the tabs (BCS, Pallete, Options...) that I could not grab. I just abandoned it as you cannot see it anyway
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

That fixed worked great and also allowed me to "align" my long manifold. I only had to use one pipe tp get what I wanted. Thanks
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I haven't changed the sizes of anything on the app for some time. But this can happen where the screen size was larger when you dropped that element on the canvas. You can make the screen size larger again by pressing F11 to activate full screen mode or pressing CTRL- to zoom out the window.

After the screen is larger, the elements can be moved/deleted and then the screen returned to its regular size. (F11 or CTRL+)

The other possibility is that there is still a deficiency in the way the app is allowing elements to be dropped on the canvas. I haven't had any problems with this for a while, but let me know if this happens again.