My version of the HMI builder

Applications that run on PC/Mac.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: My version of the HMI builder

Post by oakbarn »

I guess google put in more "safety" I had it to share with anyone but I made it with less resolution: Here is the pix:
HMI Try 2.jpg
HMI Try 2.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 112179 times
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Element and Input suggestion widget

You could modify the Heater to just one red flame. The Input like the BCS Main Control Panel
element.png
element.png (1.87 KiB) Viewed 112175 times
Input Oblong Box
input.png
input.png (970 Bytes) Viewed 112175 times
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

On the pallete you have 4 pipes. 3 Horizontal and one at 45 degrees. Is there any difference between them?
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Good idea with the dins, will take a bit, but I'm working on some ideas.

The three horizontal pipes allow a source of H2O. One is straight, the other two allow cleaner 90 deg corners than just two straights at 90 deg.
The angled pipe is to connect pipes at 45 deg. They don't stretch and cannot be an H2O source.

With the heater, I wanted to do an electric version, but I lack any design talent whatsoever and couldn't think of a design I liked, any ideas?
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Besides the flame example in my previous post, something like a real one. 220 are more liike the curvy one in general. I have one of the loop ones as well.
3 elements.png
3 elements.png (59.5 KiB) Viewed 112163 times
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

A widget shaped like an element is easy, but to make it represent a on or off element without it just being an element that changes from red to green is more challenging.

My centrifugal pump represents a centrifugal pump, but it still lacks something. I feel the lobe pump more closely captures that artistic representation that I'm looking for.
jward

Post by jward »

bbrally wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:53 am
A widget shaped like an element is easy, but to make it represent a on or off element without it just being an element that changes from red to green is more challenging.
I would avoid flipping between red and green only. For me and many who have trouble seeing color this can be a change from grey to grey. I would suggest changing shape too or going from hollow to colored like oarbarn's Input Oblong Box example.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

jward wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:26 am

I would avoid flipping between red and green only. For me and many who have trouble seeing color this can be a change from grey to grey. I would suggest changing shape too or going from hollow to colored like oarbarn's Input Oblong Box example.
Something simple like this would work (maybe more fancy curves) but something that either fills or appears like your flames so you would know it was on.
simple Element.png
simple Element.png (1.97 KiB) Viewed 112154 times
A plumbing pipe with no flow would also be nice. Just like the animated flow ones but without animation or flow. The ends would need to be stretchable and able to rotate. Since I have some many manual valves in my system, I could make my manifold “Not Live” and use URLs for the Manual Valves and Text for Labels. That way, when I told a fellow brewer to turn the “MLT Isolation Valve”, he could see it on the HMI. Most of the time when I am transferring between vessels, I would not be paying attention to the HMI that much. This would be a quick solution to the “outs” I talked about in the PM, which would still be my first wish. I created a url for now that works.

I have been using a lot of URLs in my canvas and the “HMI brewery” looks very much like mine. I used generic graphics of pots but am planning on taking pix of my specific ones and using them for a Kettle.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

BTW, I got this working and cannot wait to Brew with it. I am going to tackle Voice Control next!
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Just Noticed that only the Highest Process State Pane is displayed. Lots of time I run 2 side by side. I have a Boil Process but also a HOP/Pitch process as well as a General "Brew Day" Process running at the same time. Some of the Info to the Right is not as useful to me so it could go.

For example, the Source Type of an Exit. In fact, even the condition is not that important. In the Timer, I do not need the Timer # and looks like lots of white space.