First brew session with BCS.....

Post pictures of your System
missing_link

First brew session with BCS.....

Post by missing_link »

Did my first brew with the BCS on Saturday.

My brewery in a box worked perfectly. I mounted my SSR's to a 9x8 piece of aluminum and all 4 are on the same piece.

Because my pumps, heat exchangers and electronics are all in one small box, the inside of the box did get quite hot. I am going to add a piece of clear plastic to divide the 2 areas of the box and add some vent holes and a fan for the electronics.

I'll have to take some pics but I had a good idea for powering the BCS in a small box. Most users here have installed an outlet and box so they can plug in the BCS power cord. I took 2 female spade wire terminals that are fully insulated and crimped them on to some wire. The female spade fully engages the lugs on the power cord, then I just added this to my power distribution blocks. No need for a clunky outlet in my box!!

Linc
np0x
Bot?: No

Re: First brew session with BCS.....

Post by np0x »

I am putting all my stuff in a monster box (18x18x6) so clunky box is my future, but I would like to see your "lugs". :)

Please post pics of your box if you are willing to share, it's always helpful to see what everyone is doing.
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
missing_link

Re: First brew session with BCS.....

Post by missing_link »

I'll get some pics eventually.

My box is just 3/4 inch plywood as a test. Next I'm going to make the box out of aluminum which should help with the heat.

Linc