Fermentation Temperature Sensors

Discussion of the physical aspects
UberMikeRoweBrew
Bot?: No

Fermentation Temperature Sensors

Post by UberMikeRoweBrew »

I'm looking for some less expensive temperature sensors that could be taped to the outside of a bucket or carboy. I'm new to the BCS, and am using it for fermentation ONLY at this point. I purchased a couple of the official 4" temp probes, and while they work beautifully, they are more than I need to measure outside of a plastic bucket. Is there a popular one that you guys are using that doesn't have the threaded end or housing? I need a couple more, and I really could buy four and just use the 4" threaded ones for the brewery when I get to that. As I embark into this new realm of the hobby, saving a few bucks here and there will really help.

If you can point me to one, pasting the Thermistor Steinhart-Hart Coefficient would be a world of help as well (if its not readily available).

Cheers
bbrally
Bot?: No

Re: Fermentation Temperature Sensors

Post by bbrally »

The cheapest ones are out of Asia on Ebay. Do search for NTC 10K thermistor and lots will come up, some with stainless probes and wires, others just the sensor itself. Takes some time to arrive, but very cheap.