just starting to design

Discussion of the physical aspects
rspiger
Bot?: No

just starting to design

Post by rspiger »

Please take a look at this wiring diagram and see if has any inherent flaws. it may be a little different than some on this site, i'm going for a complete minimal flush mounted control.

the push buttons to manually activate the ssr's are a flush mounted capacitance activated on off switch. this is why there are diodes inserted in the control lines coming from the BCS i was afraid of a back feed.

The element selector switch is also a flush mounted rocker switch so it is either one or the the other element. The display will be a touch screen flush mounted in stainless steel with the other switches and amp and volt meters. the other relays and ssr's will be in a remote box hidden.

If any see's a fatal flaw please say so. I'm in Afghanistan and want to get the design done and parts ordered so i can build this when i get back to the land of the free and beer.
Blasted Bassett Brewery
rspiger

Re: just starting to design

Post by rspiger »

CONTROLLER.pdf
(24.37 KiB) Downloaded 483 times

i'll have to convert the diagram to pdf i guess.
Blasted Bassett Brewery
rspiger

Post by rspiger »

After re-reading through Ka'ls "guide to electric brewery" he was very specific about having power supplies for the amp and volt meters. Also I wanted to ensure that the addition of a cooling fan did not tax the BCS’s 5volt output, so i made some minor additions to the wiring diagram.

I purchased the guide from Kal and have found it to be a great source of information for someone trying to go electric. It s not the route I’m taking, but it is well worth the money just for the understanding why and how it all works together, so thanks Kal.

Once again if anyone see a flaw in my wiring attempt, please respond, I’m innocent and do not want to fry.
Attachments
CONTROLLER.pdf
(42.86 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Blasted Bassett Brewery
rspiger

Post by rspiger »

Made another change, the volt meter sould read accross,both legs of the 240v. Not one, I had it wired like an amp meter.
Blasted Bassett Brewery