Wiring for pushbutton DINS for alarm reset

Discussion of the physical aspects
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: Wiring for pushbutton DINS for alarm reset

Post by JonW »

You need to click the space between the boxes to activate the connector. This will create the solid line all the way across.
MaxOut

Post by MaxOut »

arusinas wrote:so what do i do when i want to assert the alarm for different things in different states? ie. in state 0 i want to assert the alarm when when my kettle temp reaches its setpoint, but then in state 2 i want to assert the alarm when the timer has reached 0? when editing a process what do i write next to the reg10 section?
I have a external buzzer wired to my BCS on a cool output associated with the mash tun temp. I use hysteresis control and set it at a couple degrees above mash temp during mash and same during mash out and sparge. if I accidentally exceed my desired temp the alarm will sound until the temp is lowered. I also use "stand by" type states where intervention is needed like changing hoses or hop additions. In these states I set the duty cycle to 10% and the buzzer beeps slower so I can identify between an emergency and simple intervention. During the boil I have a heat water state that heats the boil kettle. Once the temp reaches 209 degrees it goes to another state "select Boil" that keeps heating the kettle and sounds a buzzer to let me know I'm approaching the boil. I use the WIN buttons to select my boil time and hop schedule. I program exit states on hop additions that go to appropriate "30 Min Hop addition". In the hop addition state the the buzzer is set to 10% duty and has an exit condition set to a 10 second timer. So each time a hop addition is required I get a slow beep for ten seconds.

It would be nice if you could have multiple alarm clips you could associate to specific state changes. You could add voice clips that sound out the currrent state or instructions like "Prepare Sparge", or "Switch Hose"
ddorsett

Post by ddorsett »

Clicking between the contacts to connect them did the trick. Jeesh, should have read the wiki page a little more carefully... thanks for your help!