BCS Power Supply?

Discussion of the physical aspects
HappyValley
Bot?: No

Re: BCS Power Supply?

Post by HappyValley »

I hard-wired my BCS power supply last night. Very easy and no issues. There's a small phillips-head screw that holds the wall wart together. Remove that, pop open the enclosure and you'll see a wire soldered to each prong of the AC plug. I snipped those leaving as much length as possible (there's about 1 inch of wire). Removing the prongs is the hard part. Grasp both the inside and outside with pliers and bend twist until the prongs break. Hopefully, you'll leave a nice clean slit where the prong came through. Solder longer wires to the existing wires in the wall wart and pass through one of the slits. I used heat-shrink tubing to cover up the joint in the wires. I can post pics if needed.
bad coffee

Post by bad coffee »

Add a rectifer and the first item on this page. 6.3vdc

http://hosfelt.com/contents/en-us/d579.html
bad coffee

Post by bad coffee »

6-0-6 for $2.75 (12v between 6&6!)

Or how about 9-0-9 for $3.45
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=7841+TR

MJPA rocks for power supplies.

B
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

HappyValley wrote:I hard-wired my BCS power supply last night. Very easy and no issues. There's a small phillips-head screw that holds the wall wart together. Remove that, pop open the enclosure and you'll see a wire soldered to each prong of the AC plug. I snipped those leaving as much length as possible (there's about 1 inch of wire). Removing the prongs is the hard part. Grasp both the inside and outside with pliers and bend twist until the prongs break. Hopefully, you'll leave a nice clean slit where the prong came through. Solder longer wires to the existing wires in the wall wart and pass through one of the slits. I used heat-shrink tubing to cover up the joint in the wires. I can post pics if needed.
Any chances of some pics?