Wiring schematic for 3-way-switch/power independent.

Discussion of the physical aspects
manbreeno
Bot?: No

Wiring schematic for 3-way-switch/power independent.

Post by manbreeno »

I'm looking to wire-up 4 low voltage 3-way switches and rgb leds between the controller and the ssrs. System is gas fired, so no considerations with high voltage elements necessary. I've got the concept down but am stuck on how to set up the low voltage power. Do I simply build a 120 to 5v circuit to power the switches? I'd like the ability to operate/power the relays in the event the controler goes down.

Thanks.
brewstarke

Re: Wiring schematic for 3-way-switch/power independent.

Post by brewstarke »

If you're looking to set up a three way (on-off-bcs controlled) switch you could run the 5v signal from the BCS to the "on" terminal or to work around the BCS altogether you could probably just use a low voltage 120 adapter from an old cell phone charger or similar electronic device as long as the signal has the minimum volt/amperage to trigger the SSR. I believe the 5v signal from the BCS is always available as long as the BCS is plugged in.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Wiring schematic for 3-way-switch/power independent.

Post by JonW »

Somewhere here on the forum, I did a 3-way ON/OFF/AUTO switch wiring diagram. It would do exactly what you're looking for. You either let the BCS power the SSR in the auto position or you let an external 5-12V DC power source trigger it. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit, here it is: http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=333