H bridge to control valves....

Discussion of the physical aspects
davidmathews
Bot?: No

H bridge to control valves....

Post by davidmathews »

All my electric ball valves are going to be switched using an H bridge. They are all two wire valves, EG they open with forward voltage and close with reverse voltage. I have made sketches in Arduino that allow me to fake proportioning(sorta) using a PWM to control the speed and a time to control the total opening/closing of a valve. The valves i have i can get to position reliably and repeatably using this method. Are these both functions that i can use on a BCS? Anyone else out there faking proportioning valves with this method? Just need to proportion the normals: chill water, sparge, recirculation. Hoping to avoid having an Arduino/rasberry pi supported BCS.

Thanks folks!
JonW
Site Admin

Re: H bridge to control valves....

Post by JonW »

Have you made any headway on this? It's an interesting concept. The BCS doesn't do any PWM on outputs for proportional valve usage. If you're trying to time the outputs on/off for a certain amount of time, the resolution is only down to the second.
Pesho77

Re: H bridge to control valves....

Post by Pesho77 »

Im interested in the Arduino code for controling your ball valves if your prepared to post it, im using Arduino to control the liquids in my set up.

Pesh