Wiring 220V Air Conditioner

Discussion of the physical aspects
J26
Bot?: No

Wiring 220V Air Conditioner

Post by J26 »

OK I know that 220Vac has been covered, but I didn't see any thing that was like what I drew up. So instead of spending $80 on a dual SSR I will just get two of the 40amp SSR's.
https://www.oscsys.com/store/product/272
I'm wiring up all my pumps and burners to be set up BCS control and manual control. So I figured what the hell I might as well wire up my Primary/Conditioning room the same way, hence the SPDT switch.
I would like to say thanks to Jon of Huntington Beach for giving me the idea on how to wire this project up.
Any ways does this look correct? I wasn't sure on the Neutral wires.
Thanks for any help!
Attachments
220 vac wiring Air conditioner.jpg
220 vac wiring Air conditioner.jpg (61.29 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Wiring 220V Air Conditioner

Post by JonW »

You have a fermenting "room"? :D

Wiring looks good.
J26

Post by J26 »

Hey Jon,
Yah 9'x9', 18,000btu ac unit. Had a Cool Bot for it, but ummmm well I think my 4 year old daughter hid it and it has yet to be found. That's why I'm going to control my AC with my BCS. What a drag! $300....Damn! I insulated it with the industry standard freezer insulation, top, bottom and sides(1.5"-2")thick. 4x16 gallon primary's, the plastic conical's. I'm thinking about posting some pics of my brewery and every thing I've done. I just didn't want to be all conceded and cocky or any of that. Its a full garage conversion including pool table, bar and all!!
Any ways thanks for your help Jon and maybe some day you can come out and take a look.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Please post pics! I'd love to see it, as I'm sure most here would. Where are you located?
J26

Post by J26 »

Hawthorne right out side of Torrance. Right off Rosecrans and Inglewood.
Will do, I need to compile my grip of photos taken over the last ten months of this build and I'll start a new thread.