Initial BCS462 Wiring Diagrams - need some help!

Discussion of the physical aspects
eapplen
Bot?: No

Initial BCS462 Wiring Diagrams - need some help!

Post by eapplen »

I'm designing a single tier 462 system, largely with JonW's system as inspiration. Unfortunately, wiring isn't my strong suit so I'm learning as I go.

I've added the wiring diagram as a JPG attachment - here's what I'm looking to do:
1) Power the system from a standard wall outlet (120V)
2) Power the 3 115V Chugger pumps bridged from the wall
3) Power the 15V liquid valves from a relay board

There may be a number of things I'm missing so far, but my first question regards voltage going to the relay board for the valves - do I need to use a transformer from the terminal block to downconvert to 15V before going to the relay board? Or am I fine just using the power that's already coming from the wall? (you'll see I haven't written out any of the wiring past the Chuggers since I'm still figuring out if I need that transformer or not...)
Attachments
BCS Wiring.jpg
BCS Wiring.jpg (96.18 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: Initial BCS462 Wiring Diagrams - need some help!

Post by JonW »

You can power your whole rig, including the pumps, from a single cord plugged into the wall. That's exactly how mine is setup.

I use 120V igniters (all fired from one output), so I have a total of 7 SSR's on the rig that do 120V switching (3 pumps, 3 gas valves and 1 for igniters). All devices use a common neutral and ground and the hot leg is switched through the SSR's.

I use a 12V relay board with a 1 amp power supply to do the switching for all the liquid valves and my audible buzzer. All valves use a common ground and the 12V+ is switched through the relays.