Ground Connection

Discussion of the physical aspects
sennister
Bot?: No

Ground Connection

Post by sennister »

I have seen it mentioned that some people have had issues with the temp probes bouncing around a bit on their reading. That a solution for this was to tie a ground from the BCS into the Panel Ground. Does it matter what ground I go to on the BCS? I assume, being they are ground they are all the same. I have the 460 in case that matters.

I am not far enough along in my build to know that I have this issue but if I can head it off before it is an issue by running an extra wire, might as well do that now during the initial build. I am currently taking the EBrewSupply 50A panel diagram and building it in Visio to add in changes that I have made. For instance adding in an alarm to one of the DINs as well as filling out the other 3 DIN circuits with momentary push buttons.

Thanks
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Ground Connection

Post by JonW »

sennister wrote:Does it matter what ground I go to on the BCS? I assume, being they are ground they are all the same.
Doesn't matter which ground you use. You used the term "panel ground", which I assume you mean "earth ground". As long as your panel is grounded then it will be fine.
sennister

Re: Ground Connection

Post by sennister »

JonW wrote:
sennister wrote:Does it matter what ground I go to on the BCS? I assume, being they are ground they are all the same.
Doesn't matter which ground you use. You used the term "panel ground", which I assume you mean "earth ground". As long as your panel is grounded then it will be fine.
That is what I thought. Oh and yeah. When I said panel ground I am talking the ground in the panel which will also be tied to the green wire coming from my power input which eventually finds its way back to a grounding rod off the main panel. I assumed that all the ground connectors on the BCS are equal but just wanted to make sure I wasn't better off with one vs the others. For instance it is best to use the ground with the temp probe connectors for some reason.