Help with Output's please

Discussion of the physical aspects
Pesho77
Bot?: No

Help with Output's please

Post by Pesho77 »

Im tryin to test a rim's pump set up im using output0 to send a signal to an ssr to run the pump, i can get this set up to work using an Arduino uno but not the bsc, i can see the output turn green on the main page so i should be getting an out put and that should turn on the pump, all out puts signal's are enabled on the set up page is there something else i need to do ?

TIA

Pesh
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Help with Output's please

Post by JonW »

When you turn the output on, do you read 5V at the output port?
Pesho77

Post by Pesho77 »

Im getting a voltage but its different every time ( i think this is because im holding the conections in my hand ) and usually around 0.4v

So im using http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... UTF8&psc=1,

can you please confirm i should conect the red wire to V(Ohm)mA and the black wire to COM then red to possitive and black to ground then the dial to V 2 so i know im using this thing right.

I have a second bsc too i can try that one to be sure im not doing some thing i shouldnt be if that helps.

Im sure its not broke. I just dont know how to set it up right, and would like to get a pump running before i tackle any gas.

TIA
Pesh
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I've not read the manual for your DMM, so I won't answer if you are doing it correctly or not.

I suggest playing with your new meter and test some batteries of known voltages so you understand how the meter works. Then move on to testing equipment.
Pesho77

Post by Pesho77 »

Ok thats a fair comment thanks.

Pesh
Pesho77

Post by Pesho77 »

Ok so ive been playing with my 2 bsc's and in getting 3.4v on all outputs on both so i guess it was just summat id done wrong.

Pesh