3-way switch not working in "Auto"

Discussion of the physical aspects
ceritz
Bot?: No

3-way switch not working in "Auto"

Post by ceritz »

I am looking to see if someone could help me trouble shoot a Electric Brewery Supply BCS Control board that I had made for my brewery. It is a 50amp box with capability to run 2 electric elements. The BOIL switch, which is a 3-way switch does not work when switched to "Auto". The light does not come on and there is no sounds of the relays clicking when turned on. There are occasions, when turned back and forth from "Auto" to "Off" many times, the switch does come on but usually blinks and clicks on and off rapidly. There have been a couple times that it does stay on but only for several minutes. The switch works just fine in the "On" position. If there is anyone who may know what I could do to troubleshoot or know what parts I would need to replace, I am all ears.
ceritz

Re: 3-way switch not working in "Auto"

Post by ceritz »

Here are a few pics to help illustrate the issue.
Attachments
IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2296.jpg (80.41 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
IMG_2295.jpg
IMG_2295.jpg (79.29 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
IMG_2285.jpg
IMG_2285.jpg (110.11 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Sounds like either the physical switch could be bad or the wiring of the auto input/output is not right. Have you checked with Electric Brewing Supply?
ceritz

Post by ceritz »

Hi JonW. I have checked in with Electric Brewing but I am still waiting to hear back from them. Just wanted to see if there was something blaring that I could troubleshoot. I'm not too great with the electrical side of things.

BTW, your brewery build (on HomeBrewTalk) was my inspiration for this one. Thank you for posting all that you did. So close to brewing now, just need that switch to work.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Thanks! I'd love to see more pics of your rig and especially the plumbing. Do you have it posted anywhere?
ceritz

Post by ceritz »

Not yet but I will soon. I will post when I take a few more pictures.