Powering bcs-482

Discussion of the physical aspects
shimoda92
Bot?: No

Powering bcs-482

Post by shimoda92 »

I have just received the bcs-482 and I am puzzled on how the bcs-482 is powered. I cannot find documentation on where the power should connect on the unit. The matching power unit sold by brewer hardware for the bcs-482 has a round connector end but there is no matching connector on the bcs-482. I am very confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Broph

Re: Powering bcs-482

Post by Broph »

You need to cut the round connector off and then insert it into the 12v IN and GRN connections of the BCS-482. Look at the discussion on https://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic. ... wer#p12482
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
shimoda92

Post by shimoda92 »

Thanks
BREWMASON

Post by BREWMASON »

I am curious about this as well. The positive line is self explanatory. However the 12V negative is connecting to the ground of the BCS in order to power the BCS. Do I dare treat the other ground terminals as a ground and run them to the grounding DIN's / bus bar? When I have tried this in the past the result was a tripped circuit breaker or BCS PID displays reading "NO DATA". Def wish there was a dedicated -12V terminal.

On the BCS-482 there are four expansion terminal bars. Are the grounds on each all internally connected on the circuit board? I am hoping the ground on the two expansion bars w TEMP connections is separate.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

It is a shared ground. Having them separate would serve no purpose. If you are running DC relays or LCD displays with another power supply, make sure you tie that PS ground to the BCS ground as well. All grounds in your DC power should be common.
BREWMASON

Post by BREWMASON »

Thank you Jon.