LCD Touch Screen

Discussion of the physical aspects
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: LCD Touch Screen

Post by JonW »

I like having my laptop out in the garage for brewing days so I can run BeerSmith and the BCS (custome) console. I opted for a 1920x1080 stand-alone touchscreen monitor.

http://www.buy.com/prod/hp-compaq-l2105 ... 04184.html
Broph

Post by Broph »

The ViewSonic GTablet w/10" touchscreen works fine... It came with Android 2.2 on it, but after rooting it with Honeycomb 3.1 it's even better. I can velcro it to the side of my brewstation or put it on a wall in the garage for viewing with it weighing just over 1 lb. I use the browser to control everything and the resolution is 1024 x 600
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
skinny

Post by skinny »

I use the new Vizio tablet with android to run my bcs. No problems with the interface on the stock browser, or Dolphin HD browser. The pinch-to-zoom and dragging your finger to scroll when needed works fine for me (actually easier than on my laptop). I'd love to see an anroid app, but the browser works fine.
gyropilot1

Post by gyropilot1 »

would like to see some picts of people tables or lcd touch screen mounting. I am thinking on this sistem but carring a laptop or putting it next to my brutus build dont seem apeeling for me. My control box will be attached to the table and will like to develop a head up display type. perhaps a docking station for the diplay unit or tablet.

thanks
chuck P :D
todd

Post by todd »

Has anyone taken apart a pc and put the mother board in the box with a touch screen? I would think you could take an old pc apart and have what you need. I've thought about a mac mini could almost fit inside a control box. Todd