LCD Touch Screen

Discussion of the physical aspects
jkurl
Bot?: No

LCD Touch Screen

Post by jkurl »

Does anyone know if it is possible to hookup a LCD touch screen to the BCS-460. I am guessing you would have to have a little screen that is a computer that would be able to log into the the BSC-460. Before someone says it yes I know about brew buddy for the iphone and i have it, but i would like to mount a screen to my nice panel and control it that way w/out having to carry my iphone or laptop.
MeLoveBeer

Re: LCD Touch Screen

Post by MeLoveBeer »

I'm currently toying with the idea of implementing an ipad into my rig (just for brew sessions). The ipad could use wifi to access the standard web interface and a stand would be fairly easy to fabricate or adapt.
jkurl

Post by jkurl »

I just thought of the same thing, but I just picked up a 7" Android Tablet for less than $100. I can access the web interface and just hope someone builds a android app. I have a iPad but getting it away from my 2yr old will be a huge fight.
ddorsett

Post by ddorsett »

How did the Android tablet work out? Considering doing the same-- which tablet did you end up purchasing?
Broph

Post by Broph »

Anyone have any luck with any of the newer 7" or 10" tablets (HP, Samsung, Acer, ASUS, etc...)?

Specifically will the browsers display the BCS interface without problems?

A $200-$350 tablet to control my system would be awesome - especially with the new HMI addition in firmware update 3.4. I made an attempt to try to use the BCS demo the other day while @ Staples ,but a few of the devices had passwords on them that no one knew, and the two devices I was able to browse the internet with the BCS online demo was timing out so I couldn't get to the demo.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
flux

Post by flux »

I use an old Fujitsu B3010D 10" touchscreen laptop that i bought off ebay for $50. runs windows XP so it works awesome for what i need. i am working on a bezel for the monitor so i can mount the HMI in the door of my control cabinet
Broph

Post by Broph »

I'm going to try adding a ViewSonic GTablet w/ 10" touch screen on my brewstation setup. It has Android 2.2 on it but I guess you can root it to Honeycomb for a faster system. I found it on Amazon for $259, and of course two days later after it had shipped found one $20 cheaper @ buy.com.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

Would be really nice to get some input on the best device with touchscreen interface, including web browser and 'app' based systems... (not happy with money I spent on BrewBuddy one bit)

Maybe someone has already made a web browser for iOS/android/windows tablets that maximizes the viewable area and forgoes borders and menu bars?

I still think an iPad or tablet would be best and well worth the price if there was a nice docking bezel we could mount on the front of our panels.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

If someone has the Nook Color(1024x600 for $200-$250), Vizio Tab (1024x768 for $290), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1(1280x800 for $500), can you let us know how you like the interface of BCS on it?

right now leaning towards the Vizio... but would change pretty easily if someone makes a flush wall-mount dock for another one..
ECC

Post by ECC »

Also, keep in mind.. If the resolution of the screen is smaller, some browsers have a zoom capability. You can zoom out to see more of the screen, we've had many people use this with lower resolution panel pc's that run windows.