BCS-460 only 1 volt?

Discussion of the physical aspects
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

Re: BCS-460 only 1 volt?

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

http://www.embeddedcc.com/wiki/index.ph ... ifications

The discrete output and relay sections of the wiki are very concise, give example product recommendations, and explain the wiring requirements..

I highly suggest anyone with a BCS know these well enough to explain the basics to others before wiring their system.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Sorry if I'm coming off sounding harsh about it, that's not my intention. The BCS is a technical piece of equipment that requires some knowledge of electronics to integrate it with your selected devices/equipment. Myself and others here will be glad to answer questions regarding how to go about doing this.
ECC

Post by ECC »

The laptop stand is a cool idea.

What are the 4 T's on the bottom of the control panel for?
lotwookie

Post by lotwookie »

ECC wrote:The laptop stand is a cool idea.

What are the 4 T's on the bottom of the control panel for?
I had the laptop cradle laying around for a few years from when i used to do GPRS installs. There wasn't anywhere to store the thermo probe rtd's (made up name) so i hooked up male Quick Connect fittings to the control box for storage. Glad you like the build. its been a few hard working months for sure.
lotwookie

Post by lotwookie »

JonW wrote:Sorry if I'm coming off sounding harsh about it, that's not my intention. The BCS is a technical piece of equipment that requires some knowledge of electronics to integrate it with your selected devices/equipment. Myself and others here will be glad to answer questions regarding how to go about doing this.
No problem Jon. I was just kidding. i was definitely concerned with this aspect of the build since day one. I have very little knowledge of electricity and respect it enough not to tinker around especially with a fuselage of propane 5 feet away. My buddy helping me thought he had the electrical knowledge but turns out he's learning as well. I guess HVAC work doesn't translate to electrical work. ha.
todd

Post by todd »

lotwookie wrote:I cannot possibly be the only person frustrated with the lack of diagrams and a decent instruction manual. When you spend $200 + on a technical piece of equipment i would expect there to be more than just a sub par wiki site for wiring instructions. I apologize if i offend anyone.
I guess could send me $1400 and I will wire it for you. :D

I did post pictures of my gas fired system for you that showed the SSR's
Depending on your buddies HVAC experience he might not do service work and therefore have no idea how to wire 5v vs. 24v.

Todd