bcs 460 wiring diagram( with sabco idea )HELP

Discussion of the physical aspects
bjgrace
Bot?: No

bcs 460 wiring diagram( with sabco idea )HELP

Post by bjgrace »

NEW HERE AND LOOKING FOR HELP..
Here is the list of what i would like to do. I am going to need a wire diagram, as i am not 100% sure of the correct connections.. So any help would be great.
My set up is two tier single pump; gravity to BK, & RIMS TUBE (LIKE SABCO)

0. open furnace gas valve and light gas
1. heat HLT water-> until 170F
2. close gas valve @(170f)
3. open HLT drain (solenoid valve 120V) to pump, pause 10-15 sec to allow gravity to feed water to pump
4. turn on pump. allowing water to flow to MLT(120V)
5. close HLT solenoid valve- close because float switch tells it to
6. open MLT solenoid drain- to rims tube(ELEMENT IS 120V) and recirc
7. timer (recirc 30 mins)
8. during re-circ rims tube is on/off based on temp probe in MLT or rims tube (one or the other)
9. timer 30 mins is up, turn off heater close MLT drain to recirc
10. open MLT drain(to BK) will gravity feed to BK.
then be add switches on panel to manually do the above. (three position switch)(on-off-auto)
****to sum it up***
2- furnace valves, 24v
1- pump 120v
3- solenoid valves 120v
1- heat element 120v
7- 3way switches( 1 for each of the above)
3 or 4 temp probs
1- e-stop, or main on off switch
1- bcs460
1- wireless bridge

I am not so worried about the bcs 460 steps, but just want to make sure i hook everything up correctly inthe control panel. (ssr, contactors, switches etc... I am not even sure what all i need)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. and sorry if this doesn't make since, it's all in my head and i am trying to get it on paper. feel free to ask.. ask away..
clearwaterbrewer

Re: bcs 460 wiring diagram( with sabco idea )HELP

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

How much are you paying? LOL...

I would find someone local (fill out your profile, people!)via ECC or Homebrewtalk forum and offer some beers.... and pick what program you prefer the drawing in..
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

I can't offer you any wiring diagrams as that takes much more time than I have. If you browse through the forums, you will see various wiring diagrams people have used and posted for various configurations. Some of the configurations are similar to what you are trying to do.

I would like to offer you a suggestion. Change the three solenoid valves from 120v to three solenoid valves 24v or 12v. You will also want some sort of process in place to verify the RIMS tube has liquid in it before you power the electric element.

Welcome to the forums and the BCS.
bjgrace

Post by bjgrace »

Gbrewer. Thanks. And cwb. I will get the info in soon.
So my thought process is this. I'll draw up what I think might work and if we could generate some discussion as to the bast way of doing it I think that would be the best. So give me some time and I'll see what I can do.
Also good thought on the rims tube idea. What do u think? Float switch?
bjgrace

Post by bjgrace »

OK THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH...

FEED BACK.. QUESTIONS.. HELP.. WILL IT WORK?

THANK YOU
DRW1.JPG
DRW1.JPG (112.88 KiB) Viewed 11035 times
ksl177

Post by ksl177 »

It's a good first attempt.

Notes:

1. Keep your high voltage and lowvoltage circuits totally seperate.
2. The control sides of your SSR's will ground back to the BCS, as it's a completely seperate circuit, and won't energize as wired.
3. Ditto on your transformer.
4. you might want some fuses/circuit breakers as well as a kill switch.
5. You have one more out than the 460 actually has. You'll either need a 462, or to loose one output item.
6. Are you thinking of using solenoids for your burner valves or actual control valves with pilots? If the latter (recomended for safety) your wiring will be different.

I've redrawn your diagram in circuitlab and shared it out so you can copy and edit it as you desire.
I've taken the liberty of adding indicator lights and fuses/breakers at the appropriate spots.
The power to the BCS 460 is not shown for simplicity's sake (just think of it as a battery)

I'm no expert, so you might wish to consult an electrician to make sure it's all correct. :)

bjgrace

Post by bjgrace »

sweet looks like we are getting somewhere.. Thanks KSL177
I dont know any electrical guys so if any one wants to chime in on what gauge of wire, fuses, switches, ssr's, any of that stuff that would be great.
One of these days i will start to post pics to show progress.. and help the next guy as you have all done..
ksl177

Post by ksl177 »

I would strongly suggest you invest $20 on this book and get yourself a bit of knowledge.
http://www.amazon.com/Make-Electronics- ... 625&sr=8-1

It's easier to help those who help themselves. :D