HMI and Digi16

Using the HMI Builder and creating custom interfaces for the BCS.
m_perci
Bot?: No

HMI and Digi16

Post by m_perci »

I purchased a BCS-460 and later realized I needed more outputs, so I bought the Digi16 card. Now I would like to integrate the Digi16 outputs into my graphical display in order to see the valves and pumps controlled by that board. Any ideas? Below is a link to the background I am using. Thanks for any help!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8902583@N07/8619956231/
m_perci

Re: HMI and Digi16

Post by m_perci »

ECC? or anyone able to answer this one?

I am able to turn the Digi16 expansion outputs on/off, just want to see it graphically as well.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Only the built-in outputs of the 460/462 are able to be used in the current HMI.

Using the API, a custom stand-alone interface has access to display the expansion port status. I will be adding support for that to my own custom interface software.
m_perci

Post by m_perci »

Thanks Jon, guess I will need something custom as well to get what I need. I also just discovered last night that the Digi16 is also not available in manual mode... so my need for a custom app grows.
pbryngel

Post by pbryngel »

I have a digi 16 and used the registers asserted for ladder logic section to approximate what you want in the HMI. I named the registers what the corresponding outs are for the digi16 and just activate both the register and the out during each process. I am not using the actual ladder logic just the registers to display what I want in the HMI. I also put multiple indicators on the HMI to show the flow paths.

m_perci

Post by m_perci »

Excellent solution, works perfectly :D Thank you pbryngel!
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Nice job pbryngel. Nice valve diagram/layout too. ;)
pbryngel

Post by pbryngel »

Glad I could help.

JonW Thanks, been using pretty much the same plumbing layout inspired by your system for about a year and a half and I love it.