HMI Builder

Using the HMI Builder and creating custom interfaces for the BCS.
dennisda
Bot?: No

HMI Builder

Post by dennisda »

So maybe I'm just not getting it....

I thought I understood how the HMI builder worked. I got a background image loaded fine, and it displays as I intended (more or less). However, when it comes time to actually set something up, I'm seemingly at a loss.

I defined a widget and asociated it to an out. But I'm just not clear how to lay it onto the drawing. am I breaking out the js to accomplish that? not a dealbreaker, but I was thinking there was some way to put them into the drawing without code.

thanks
-denny
ECC

Re: HMI Builder

Post by ECC »

Hi Denny. I just updated the wiki with a Getting Started section on the HMI Builder.
http://www.embeddedcc.com/wiki/index.ph ... MI_Builder

I hope that makes it clearer. Does that answer your question? Are there other elements that might not be clear, that you feel should be included in the instructions?
dennisda

Post by dennisda »

Actually, previously that's what I had understood, so great work on it. However, and it seems it must be something in my client settings, i get no visual indication that I am dragging the widget once it is configured. I don't seem to be able to drag it anywhere, and nothing ever ends up 'configured'.

Otherwise yes, it all seems quite clear. Are you aware of any specific settings that you've seen block it?

-denny
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

if you are dragging a widget that can be active or inactive, such as a register or Dout, and you only have graphics for the 'active' state, make sure that it is indeed 'active' when you are placing it on the drawing.
ECC

Post by ECC »

What browser are you using? You need to use a modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE9). Old IE8 won't work.

clearwaterbrewers advice only applies to custom widgets (via external.js). All of the standard widgets display inactive I/O as gray. Are you using a custom external.js? Its possible that you may have a syntax error if you've modified it? Disabling that is a good test.
dennisda

Post by dennisda »

Yup, I'm using IE9. Just to make sure something is not an issue with my bcs or something, i tried the online one and am having the same experience. Can define a widget for say Out1 as a medium green dot, and it correctly identifies the outputs name and everything (so that part is unquestionably working correctly).

At that point I have a green dot to the left of the dropdown combos, but i don't seem to be any indication i can drag it.

if i refresh the page, and set it up, it looks like the very first time i mouse-over the widget, it highlights it a darker grey, but that's effect isn't repeated.

I'll try another machine and make sure its not a client config... Thanks for all the help.
ECC

Post by ECC »

This turns out to be an issue with IE9. I will fix the issue in a firmware release, but in the meantime please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. IE is technically not supported, although IE9 does work better than the previous versions (which don't work at all).

I'll try to get this update in the next week or two. Thanks for your help in rooting this out.