Handy WIFI option

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
bergerrings
Bot?: No

Handy WIFI option

Post by bergerrings »

Hello everyone,

I purchased a wifi powerline adapter the other week for my fermentation cabinet and the thing works an absolute charm so I thought I would share it with everyone.
For those who don't know, a powerline adapter basically acts like an ethernet cable but runs along existing power circuits. You plug one end into a power socket near your router and the other end into a socket near your brewery cabinet (I purchased a DIN rail mount power socket so the second adapter sits inside my cabinet...nice and neat). Both plugs have ethernet sockets so you obviously have to plug in two ethernet cables (bcs and local socket and then router and local socket).
These devices have been around for a while now but they have been pretty crap. This new version works across phases so now the sockets can be plugged in anywhere and they will connect (originally they had to be on the same circuit). This model also has WIFI on the remote plug so if you are like me my router signal couldnt reach all the way to my garage...now I have a wireless hotstop inside my garage....perfect!

Here is the link:

http://www.netcommwireless.com/product/powerline/np206
BREWMASON
Bot?: No

Re: Handy WIFI option

Post by BREWMASON »

I really like this idea. Just got off with their tech support department and unfortunately it will not work on 110V circuits.

You are now chatting with : NetComm Technical Support
NetComm Technical Support:
Welcome to NetComm Technical Support. How can we help you today?
You:

Does the "Wireless Powerline Kit - NP206" work in the USA? California to be exact. Thank you in advance for your help.

It will not work because it has got different power and voltage. NP206 is designed for 230 volts

and in USA its 110 volts.

We do not have anything at the moment
You:

Thank you again, Cheers