manual mode pwm

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
mateomtb
Bot?: No

manual mode pwm

Post by mateomtb »

As I'm still tweaking things on my new system I'm trying some operations in manual mode. I was trying to work out what percentage of power I need to run my electric elements at to maintain a boil. In manual mode I could not get the settings I was imputing to apply. It was clear that my duty cycle was not being used and the element was on at full power and I had to keep shutting it off completely to avoid boil over. I was even trying things like %5, it wouldn't work. So I went ahead and created a new process with the same exact settings and in this case %50 it worked as expected. Is there something special about manual mode and the temp related settings I'm overlooking.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

Re: manual mode pwm

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

I have found that if you change the %power in the normal programming settings, you can boil over while the BCS is saving the config... it is what it is....

What works GREAT is Baron Ken's tweak to the external.js (you have to have a webserver running that the user and BCS can reach a file called <some name>.js and you specify the link to that file in you system settings) (someday maybe we will get a place on the BCS for a 2nd JS file...)

read this entire thread your boilover is mentioned, as well as how nice it is to have +-1 and +-5 % power buttons on the display, and using them does NOT boil things over...!
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... ?f=6&t=777