UP and almost running

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
BCS Portland

UP and almost running

Post by BCS Portland »

Finally went live today for a test. Plugged everything in and did not electrocute myself! That is amazing.

At this point all I want to do is have the BCS run one of the March pumps for 1 hour while the RIMS heater keeps the mash @ 152F for one hour. I've got the heat set with the PID control on auto and that works. Can't seem to figure out the March pump going auto. I can simply run it from my control panel on manual but that is cheating and defeating the purpose. Can anyone tell me what the right settings would be for the pump. I have it wired to OUTPUT 0 & the RIMS to OUTPUT2. The other March pump is OUTPUT1.

Eventually when I know what I am doing I will do more with the BCS.

Thanks for any help!
np0x
Bot?: No

Re: UP and almost running

Post by np0x »

If I understand your question:

for output0
check control checkbox
Choose the Directly controlled radio button(third column)
Check the checkbox next to that radio button(labeled on/off)

for output2

check control
select differentially controlled OR pid controlled(your choice)
set a temperature setpoint.

This boils(heh) down to a single step state machine, but I think that's what you are asking.

(make sure these outputs are setup as enabled in the systems setup, and also makesure that the temperature probe that is measuring your water is associated to the output2)

btw, i hear ya on not electrocuting yourself, you may find yourself developing a dangerous disregard for electricity, i know i have.

Cheers!
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
BCS Portland

Post by BCS Portland »

np0x wrote: for output0
check control checkbox
Choose the Directly controlled radio button(third column)
Check the checkbox next to that radio button(labeled on/off)
Cheers!
Thanks - I think this is pretty much the way I configured it and the pump did not come on. I wired the pumps & ssr's the same as I did with the RIMS heater so I assume inside my control box I have it correct. Are those 3 items all that is needed to turn on whatever is controlled by OUTPUT0 ? No other screens I am missing here?
np0x
Bot?: No

Post by np0x »

if the manual control works, then the ssr's are wired correctly. So if you can run them from the interface manually, then you have em wired up right.
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.