Output 0 is not working

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
gbrewer
Bot?: No

Output 0 is not working

Post by gbrewer »

I need some help. My Output 0 seems to have its own mind since the start of my brew session yesterday morning. It has been working properly up to this point. On my system, Output 0 controls a 24 volt propane gas valve. The problem I had yesterday is that it was opening and closing on its own. I initially thought maybe my process was not functioning properly so I switched to manual mode. When I would activate Output 0, it would open after a delay. When I tried to turn off Output 0 it would stay off for about 5 seconds or so and then open. No matter what I tried, it would continue to not do what it was supposed to do. (I guess this brings more credibility to having a three way switch wired up during brew day)

So today I tore into the system to troubleshoot the issue. I had no process running and it would do the same thing. In fact, It activated once the system was turned on.

I first switched out the relay thinking that it possibly is the relay. I had the same issue so it isn't an issue with the relay. I then checked the wiring to the 24 volt valve and wired it direct to the valve with new wire. Same issue so it wasn't the wiring.

So then I figured I would checked the connection (green plug into the BCS460). It was snug and secure and had the same issue when activated again.

Lastly, I moved the wire from the output 0 to output 4 (an open port) Wammo... It worked like it was supposed to. It turned on and off without any problems. I then moved the wire to output 5 and it also worked like it was supposed to. Soooo.. Lastly, I moved the wire back to output 0 and it stopped working again.

So... It appears that output 0 must have some sort of issue.

I can run the system without output 0 for now but will eventually be using all the outputs. How can I get this repaired?
ECC

Re: Output 0 is not working

Post by ECC »

Hey gbrewer. Can you send me your config file? I'll take a look.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

Sent via email.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

I wanted to touch base on this thread for others to read. I have been in contact with Adam from ECC via email and he has been very helpful in resolving my issue with this controller. He has always been very professional and easy to deal with. If anyone is contemplating purchasing the BCS-460, service and support alone should be a good enough reason to purchase.

Thank you Adam. I appreciate all of your help.
BCS Portland

Post by BCS Portland »

So is it a config problem or hardware problem that you had? Do you have it fixed?
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

He believes it is a hardware problem.