Concerned about support

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
tcook
Bot?: No

Concerned about support

Post by tcook »

I've been using the BCS-462 for around 6 months, and I've been pretty impressed with its features and performance for a reasonable price. Recently, I've been having problems with the I2C outs driving a OSCSYS PID display not working, and have contacted ECC tech support and posted the question on the forum. Since Adam (ECC) sold the company, I don't think he's logged into to the forum for a number of months. Between him and JonW, they answered 90% of the support posts, and did a great job. Most of what I've learned I got from JonW posts! My question is a simple one (what should the output voltages on EXP0 and EXP1 be?), my follow up is just as simple (what do I do if I'm not getting the correct voltage?). I would expect most manufacturers would be able to answer this type of question in a quick amount of time. However, I have yet to receive any reply from an email I sent to tech@embeddedcc.com 2 days ago.
I don't think its unreasonable to expect a tech support response within a few hours to a day. Contrast my ECC experience with a recent interaction with OSCSYS: on a Friday nite at 7pm PST, I click on the Support Chat on the OSCSYS website. I know he's out in FLA, so I figured I'd get a message saying the chat is closed, and send an email. Wrong, Jeremiah was there, and we chatted about the PID display issue I was having for about 30 minutes. He helped me narrow my problems, and really made me feel that I was supported. I know that was probably an above average experience, but I've had similar support interactions with other electronics companies (ShopJimmy.com, alliedelec.com) so I don't think its out of the realm of expectations.
Am I off base here?
Backyard Brewer

Re: Concerned about support

Post by Backyard Brewer »

Sorry about that, had some server issues and wasn't getting emails for the last 10 days. All fix now. We'll get it straightened out for you per the email discussion we're having.
tcook

Re: Concerned about support

Post by tcook »

Just to post a follow up: once Derrin got his email situation handled, he provided great support and I have to say my initial concerns have been abated. Derrin followed up through out the weekend and helped resolve the problem.

Thanks Derrin, and I appreciate your time!