v2.0 Firmware now available!

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
tarheels

Re: v2.0 Firmware now available!

Post by tarheels »

yes i did all the steps. i thought i would see something in the demo saying the update has happing. i entered the ip address and nothing. i wait a few min and then restart the bcs and i'm still on the old version. what i'm i missing here?
np0x
Bot?: No

Post by np0x »

tarheels wrote:nothing, after i enter the ip address in the dialog box i went to the demo and nothing. i'm thinking i may have entered the ip address. i got the ip address from the command prompt
What is the ip addresses of your bcs and also the ip of the computer running the tftp program? They should both be private ip addresses on your home lan, but for confirmation sake, could you post them? I sense some confusion/assumptions that I am not fully understanding.
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
tarheels

Post by tarheels »

BCS IP 169.254.0.63
Computer IP 169.254.101.95

I'm directly connected to the BCS. Oh and thanks for all the help, this forum rocks!
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

Are you getting that ip by running IPCONFIG from the command window?

Edited to say that I need to read your entire post next time before I post that question. I could not get mine to upgrade until I completed these additional steps http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... work_Setup I tried most everything prior to this. Once I completed these steps, it worked like a charm.
ECC

Post by ECC »

I agree with gbrewer. Try setting you IP via the Additional Network instructions to match the BCS (169.254.0.x) and see if that helps. If your subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0, then that would put them on the same subnet.
Mark

Post by Mark »

i just recieved my BCS-460 on Dec 8th. Was it shipped with v2.0 or v2.1?
Having as much fun building and tweaking as brewing! Must be the engineer in me!

Mark
Addison, Texas
ECC

Post by ECC »

v2.0. Your Firmware version is listed on the System Settings page, under the Update Firmware button.
Baron Ken

Post by Baron Ken »

My BCS has:
Current firmware version is BCS-460 v2.1

I haven't seen mention of v2.1 in any other threads.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Yeah, i need to update the firmware page. v2.1 was a very small upgrade the fixed a few things in v2.0, namely allowing multiple Digi16 cards to be controlled.
BrewBeemer

Post by BrewBeemer »

Adam; back in 2/12/09 I received my BCS unit as I was talking to you during the Beta testing period. It's still brand new never out of its plastic bag with the power supply just a lookie as I had emergency two spinal discs removed plus now having vertebra fused recovery. From before the purchase of this unit I was already over the BCS ouputs you mentioned I would have to double up on signal feeds to SSR's as i'll have 6 seperate heating elements plus 2 pumps and a sparge liquid level control off a LED light sensor. With all this above thread readings it sounds like my new unit is below the 2.0 version not counting the 2.1 version that will not allow me to add 2 expansion boards one with it's own power supply plus the ability to add PWM control, this correct?
Can this NIB never used BCS unit be exchanged for the V2.1 allowing me to add two expansion boards one with a power supply plus the PWM feature or am I out $194.49 for this never used NIB unit that will not handle my needs? Can a direct swap be made with me paying shipping plus the added cost difference of adding those two expansion boards with a power supply work with you? Thanks in advance. Carl.